Material Handler/Forklift Operator - 1st shiftReq # JR - 127328 Location Byhalia, Mississippi, United States Job Category Material Handler Date posted 02/12/2024
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
The Material Handler is responsible for material handling of inbound and outbound products by verifying that sku’s, lots, quantity and condition of packages are correct. The outbound process includes picking and staging items in the right delivery sequence according to orders and balancing weight for the appropriate truck.
What we offer from day 1:
- Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM- 3:30 PM
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage
- Vision and Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible Health Care Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance Plan
What you'll be doing
- Verify product for Inbound Processes
- Use a Radio Frequency Terminal / Scan gun to process product throughout warehouse
- Assure compliance to all procedures related to Regulatory, Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements (including spills, damages, and returns)
- Transport material by operating various types of material handling equipment (e.g. forklift, clamp truck, reach truck, cherry picker)
- Prepare, load, and secure materials for shipment
- Receive, transport, and store materials
- Placard all loads as required (government, military, export, etc)
- Process and stage damaged product in accordance with SOPs
- Meet metric standards set by management without damage to product
- Participate in projects and teams to continuously improve the operation and key result areas (safety, quality, service, and cost)
- Work with warehouse computer applications (WM, Traxx, RF Term, etc.)
- Inspect trailers and complete documentation.
- Responsible for activating or reviewing temperature monitors on temperature sensitive products
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- 1 year of experience using the Reach and Sit-Down lifts required
- GED or High School education
- Lift and move up to 65 lbs and frequently walk
- Ability to work overtime, as necessary
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, 20/40 in both eyes
- Work both independently and on a team
- Ability to print, speak simple sentences and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers
- Good Distribution Practices must be followed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving reach trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, and possibly extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- This position requires candidates with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary pay rate of $19.40. The pay rate is based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Byhalia, MS 38611
United States of America Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now