BCU Relationship AdvocateReq # JR - 013029 Location Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 01/08/2020
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
Got a thing for puzzles and have a knack for being “cool under pressure”?
Located in our Corporate Headquarters, The MR team consists of individuals who support and drive our motto, “We’ve Got Your Back”. We are looking for people like you who can handle the empowerment of decision making, while staying cool in the times of stress.
Do you like being the first and only point of contact? Do you like “owning the job” from start to finish? Do you love solving problems? This is your opportunity to join a world class service team full of passionate people who love serving others. We find that former team captains, competitive merit badge collectors and volunteers do well here!
Can you think on your feet? Do you get excited about technology? Are you willing to go above and beyond? Do you consider yourself a self-starter? If you excel at figuring out puzzles and enjoy the thrill of team victory, we bet this is the right job for you!
A typical day will include going the extra mile to resolve member questions, while educating folks on easy self-driven options available in our mobile or online banking tools. Simply put, you get to help our members fulfill their financial needs.
As a part of The MR Team, we can’t promise it will be easy, but we can promise you’ll enjoy gaining skills and experience working on behalf of a Top 100 Credit Union! You will receive (4) weeks of initial training, gain exposure to all parts of the company, participate in engaging committees, and receive competitive compensation, including incentive programs. This is a fast-paced and dynamic environment, but don’t worry, break time can be filled with time at our on-site masseuse room, fitness center, gaming area or just to refill the coffee cup.
We are hiring people who are dependable and get excited to show up when things get tough. Our team plays a vital role in supporting our membership, so people count on us. If you don’t like being on time or don’t want to give it your all, this isn’t the job for you.
This job isn’t for the faint of heart, so if you think you are 100% reliable, tough enough and passionate enough to deliver on our members expectations, apply now.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service 50-100 first tier incoming member calls daily, including general member inquiries, account research, fraud and disputes or as assigned
- Develop and display a complete understanding of all required Visa, governmental, regulatory, and departmental policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines, particularly those pertaining to customer verification
- Deliver on a first contact resolution experience by using all resources, including our process knowledge repository, self-servicing tools and available surrounding support
- Demonstrating problem solving and process improvements skills, to reduce member effort and improve our business best practices
- Based on member need, promote the adoption of or conversion to available credit union products and services
- Own the ability to quickly adapt and support new strategies, tools and tactics to better service our members
- Build strong internal partnerships with management and peers in contributing to a productive and quality team environment
- Meet or exceed all key performance production and quality experience goals, completing all assigned work with accuracy as established by BCU guidelines and training Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience
- High energy, positive attitude, self-starting and coachable individual
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and active listening skills
- Aptitude to develop and own strong understanding of regulatory and departmental policies
- Ability to work effectively and pay attention to detail in fast paced environment, leveraging tools to drive a first contact resolution every time.
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changes in strategies, tools or tactics
- Desire to form and make business improvement recommendations
- Ability to building strong internal peer and team partnerships
- Desire to meet all established performance goals consistently
- Basic Windows PC navigation and Microsoft office knowledge
- College Degree
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.