BCU Mortgage Processing SpecialistReq # JR - 030589 Location Vernon Hills, Illinois Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 11/21/2020
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
***Vernon Hills OR remote location.
Toprocessandestablishfirstmortgageloansforsale inthesecondary market.
- Open first mortgage loan files on Mortgage Processing system
- Maintain mortgage loan file and process file mail, indexing all documentation in electronic file cabinet
- Document mortgage loan file to meet investor guidelines (FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA/USDA or others as determined)
- Work efficiently to close loan files prior to lock expiration dates
- Review and clear approval conditions prior to loan closing, working with
- Underwriting and LOs to restructure loans as needed.
- Maintain a high level of member service by being proactive in communication with member, realtors, service providers, etc.
- Comply with RESPA, HUD, HMDA, and all applicable mortgage regulations
- Successfully complete all required registrations and certifications as needed.
- High school diploma
- Two (2) years of first mortgage processing experience
- FNMA/FHA/VA experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review income documentation, appraisals, and titles
- Ability to assess creditworthiness while adhering to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Good communication, organization, and problem-solving/analytical skills
- Professional, reliable and detail oriented with an appreciation for accuracy
- Team oriented, yet work independently with little supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and to perform in a fast- paced, high volume environment while exercising sound lending judgment
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.