BCU Mgr, ComplianceReq # JR - 041774 Location Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States Job Category Baxter Credit Union Date posted 07/20/2021
As an employer, BCU models the dynamic assets of a top workplace, including confidence in company leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, employee development, workplace flexibility, and a passionate employee culture supporting a unified vision.
At BCU, you'll have a career in a growing organization and an environment that supports your professional and personal growth. For these reasons, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace and a certified Great Place to Work.
Visit the link below to learn more about #LifeAtBCU:
As part of the Audit & Compliance Department, the Compliance Supervisor under the general supervision of the Sr. Director, Compliance will support BCU’s compliance with all applicable federal and Illinois State regulations. The position’s responsibilities include the day-to-day maintenance of the help desk function, researching compliance issues and identifying any associated risk, monitoring of compliance activities, assisting with the implementation of compliance solutions, and tracking outstanding compliance issues. The position is also responsible for preparation and maintenance of compliance reports for management, coordination and review of compliance training activities, advising business owners on regulatory changes in relation to Credit Union programs, policies, and practices, and supporting external compliance audits and regulatory examinations. The Compliance Supervisor will have one direct report working under him or her.
- Direct supervision of Compliance Specialist on daily activities, job performance, and professional development.
- Create and maintain documents, and research compliance related issues for member service concerns, various credit union governance committees, or other project teams tasked with implementation responsibilities.
- Serve as the Compliance Advisor on credit union regulatory action committees as required to implement new regulations.
- Assist business owners in the creation, maintenance, and implementation of policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Coordinate the completion of regulatory compliance assessments, audits, and examinations.
- Provide ongoing support to business owners on the identification of potential compliance vulnerabilities and risks; provide options and/or develop action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities associated with the Compliance and Legal helpdesk, including the prioritization, assignment and tracking of issues to ensure responses are provided within agreed upon timeframes.
- Support the compliance training program for both new and existing staff through the identification of required coursework; the preparation and maintenance of reports; the creation and update of training materials, and the delivery of training.
- Identify regulatory impact and risks for new and revised products and services and provide related advisement to business owners.
- Monitor regulatory changes, disseminate information, assess risk potential, answer questions and serve as the subject matter expert for staff on compliance matters.
- Assist Audit and Compliance Department with ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- This is not an exhaustive list and other responsibilities may be assigned at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a Juris Doctor degree and/or Master of Business Administration a plus;
- Minimum of at least three years of credit union or financial industry regulatory compliance experience required;
- Previous supervisory experience desirable, must be able to provide professional development to direct report;
- General knowledge of deposit and lending federal and state banking regulations. This includes but is not limited to the Electronic Fund Transfers, Equal Credit Opportunity, Fair Credit Reporting, Fair Debt Collection Practices, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Real Estate Settlement Procedures, and Right to Financial Privacy Acts plus Truth-in-Savings and Truth-in-Lending;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, must have knowledge and ability to perform compliance and legal research as needed;
- Demonstrated ability to understand regulations and be able to explain them in laymen’s terms to credit union staff, able to make decisions on own without significant oversight or input from others, and able to advise on how to align regulatory requirements with business requirements;
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently possessing effective time management skills, manage multiple tasks concurrently in a fast paced environment, prioritize effectively and be deadline driven;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and explain complex compliance and/or legal issues, team player; able to work in multi-functional groups; willing to assist others as needed;
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and attention to detail required;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment;
- Demonstrates an enthusiastic, proactive attitude;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, use of analysis tools for regulatory monitoring and Bank Secrecy Act support a plus
- Working knowledge of Symitar software a plus;
- Compliance certifications, such as NCCO, CUCE, CRCM, CAMS, and/or BSACS preferred.
BCU Shared Values. We act with INTEGRITY. We follow the golden rule without exception. We display COURAGE in our convictions. We drive innovation, reaching beyond boundaries and thoughtfully explore new horizons. We excel through COLLABORATION. By working as one, sharing information and seeking solutions, we deliver exceptional outcomes. We WOW our Members. We focus intensely on putting the member first, delivering extraordinary experiences that create lasting relationships inside and outside the organization.
Life at BCU. With a culture built off relationships and referrals, we’re committed to creating the best work environment possible. From our casual dress code to flexible work arrangements, we’ve created a unique culture that supports a healthy work/life balance. For this reason and more, BCU has been chosen as a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace. #LifeAtBCU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the linkhere and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.