Sr. Customer Support SpecialistReq # JR - 077141 Location Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 09/08/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Home Care Customer Service Representative for Baxter Respiratory Health is responsible for phone, email, and online interactions with patients, caregivers, healthcare teams, sales, and several internal teams to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries during the transition from hospital to home, as well as the Home Care environment. The HCCS representative interrogates to determine cause of failure and appropriate course of action. They assign device directly to patient, authorize shipment, return of warranty related issues for all devices and accessories in the Home Respiratory Health portfolio. This includes troubleshooting device and accessory complaints from the patient or caregiver to attempt resolution over the phone. HCCS reps assign devices to patients and are the hub of communication for our patients’ internal needs within Provider and Customer Operations department of Respiratory Health.
**Heavy emphasis in phone interaction and detailed documentation in patient permanent record**
**This is a HYBRID position and requires you to go into the office TWO days per week**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
• Establish rapport over the phone quickly, and remain positive and upbeat
• Responsible for interfacing with customers/patients, account executives, and internal departments, such as clinical, financial, reimbursement, operations, and other service representatives
• Quickly and accurately identify and assess individual customer needs, determining appropriate action, within Hillrom Respiratory Heath guidelines
• Deliver front-line phone support on products and electronic devices, explaining technical procedures to customers in an easy-to-understand manner, at times summarizing trends to Quality and Research & Development engineers which require testing and redevelopment.
• Learn ongoing technical support for Respiratory Health devices and portal connectivity products
• Properly identify order types and warranty determination for correct billing / collaborating with the internal billing teams
• Utilize multiple systems, investigation techniques, and problem-solving skills to attempt to first-time resolution on each call with speed and accuracy
• Employ detail-oriented processes in multiple Hillrom systems to process new accounts, route, track, retrieve, and maintain proper information in correct fields
• Responsible for shipping-related activities, verification for rental agreements, and returned items
• Responsible for timely and accurately processing of complaints received from patients/caregivers
• Rotating responsibility for after hours’ phone, which includes occasional evening and weekend coverage
• Rely on experience and judgment to handle a wide variety of pre-sales and post-sales service and warranty situations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Associate degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of progressive experience in a customer service role; healthcare field desirable
• Previous experience in the healthcare field, preferred
• TIMS, JD Edwards or other third-party billing system experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Spanish-speaking skills a plus
• Computer Skills
• People Skills
• Courageous Communicator
• Attention to Detail
• Energy & Drive
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation.
Candidate must be able to sit/stand in front of computer and be on phone for extended periods of time
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Saint Paul, MN 55126
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now