TMS Business Systems Analyst (Remote)Req # JR - 047101 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States (Remote) Additional locations Tennessee (remote); South Dakota (remote); South Carolina (remote); Rhode Island (remote); Pennsylvania (remote); Oregon (remote); Oklahoma (remote); Ohio (remote); North Dakota (remote); North Carolina (remote); New York (remote); New Mexico (remote); New Jersey (remote); New Hampshire (remote); Nevada (remote); Nebraska (remote); Atlanta, GA (remote); Montana (remote); Missouri (remote); Mississippi (remote); Minnesota (remote); Michigan (remote); Massachusetts (remote); Maryland (remote); Maine (remote); Louisiana (remote); Kentucky (remote); Kansas (remote); Albuquerque, NM (remote); Iowa (remote); Indiana (remote); Idaho (remote); Georgia (remote); Florida (remote); Connecticut (remote); Colorado (remote); California (remote); Arkansas (remote); Arizona (remote); Alaska (remote); Alabama (remote); Wyoming (remote); Wisconsin (remote); Virginia (remote); Vermont (remote); Utah (remote); Texas (remote) Job Category Information Technology Date posted 09/08/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The TMS Sr Business Systems Analysts role is to own the TMS solution design and drive global alignment in TMS processes. They will act as the liaison between the business end users and systems development teams for the Global Transportation Management program (VATE). They will identify and analyze business needs, conduct requirements gathering sessions and define scope and objectives. They will translate requirements into application requirements and will offer recommendations for solutions or improvements to business process that can be accomplished through TMS.
- Collaborates with business and technology teams to gather system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition
- Leads execution of user acceptance testing as well as perform testing
- Analyzes business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified transportation management processes
- Develops, maintains, and establishes operational specifications for TMS considering such things as information flow, configuration setup for systems, volume, ad hoc reporting, analysis and document format
- Evaluates new TMS applications and manages evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements. Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives
- Training/mentoring of users on system best practices
- Requires knowledge of computer system capabilities, transportation/supply chain business processes, and workflow
- Requires experience in business analysis. Proven ability to translate stakeholder requests into well-defined, documented use cases / requirements and review with stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of the application development / configuration process.
- Prior experience within transportation, logistics or supply chain
- Ability to critically review and interpret technical documentation
- Strong communications skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts verbally, in writing, and via presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines through effective time management skills
- Sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work within a team setting
- Proficient at problem solving and analytical techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal team members and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with integrity and build trust
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant work experience in systems or business
- 3+ years of transportation, logistics or supply chain
- 3+ years of experience in transportation systems management or implementations.
- Experience in business process redesign
- Experience in system design, testing, validation, problem resolution, and training
The budgeted salary range for this position is $75,000 - $110,000.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.