Supply Handler - 1st ShiftReq # JR - 040027 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 06/21/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position performs downstream activities that are required to successfully complete a production. This involves initiation of paperwork not generated by the documentation center, verification of components per the appropriate Bill of Materials, set-up, challenge and verification of label dispensers, verification of weighing and measuring devices for current calibration status, and set-up and verification of batch board and seal integrity stations. Some areas require the operation of assembly equipment including the operation of blending, grinding, and some molding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor product exposure times and document process flow as required
- Periodically performs all Operator I/Operator II functions
- Pull required processing samples, document, package and distribute
- Set-up/Tear down room and keep production area supplies up to date
- Perform all line clearances
- Replace labels on dispensers, take appropriate samples and verify as well as troubleshoot any label dispenser problems
- Collect, document, disposition production scrap
- Trouble shoot problems in the finishing area, and decide how to correct or who to contact
- Facility cleaning as required based on daily schedule
- Move production cart into +5oC and freezer areas in the required times required by product specification
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
- Mandatory overtime is required
- Moving of pasteurization carts and operation of pasteurizer
Work Environment: Work in 60 to 75o F and +5o C in cooler, moderate exposure to chemicals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin
- Ability to work independently
- Requires the use of and troubleshooting of the label dispensing equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and Job-specific training materials.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent
Language Skills: Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP’s, SPEC’s, Job-specific training materials, GMP’s, and other manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. This includes the determination of defective product. Independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include prioritizing work, releasing of product and evaluation of the appropriate person to ask for assistance when determination of defective product is being evaluated. Resources used to resolve problems may include technicians, supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP’s and manuals.
Other Skills and Abilities: Requires the ability to use measuring devices, such as calipers, templates, pin gauges and micrometers.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
- Visual acuity 20/25 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Frequent walking and standing
- Occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching up and out, wrist turning, pinching and manipulation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.