Summer 2021 Intern -Medication Delivery Infusion Systems & Application R&D – Monitoring TechnologiesReq # JR - 033298 Location Round Lake, Illinois Job Category Administrative Date posted 01/15/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Baxter offers a robust summer internship program based in the Chicagoland area that provides meaningful work assignments and projects that immerse students in Baxter’s culture designed to provide practical work experience highlighting what an individual would do in a similar full-time role with the ability to make a business impact. You'll be paired with a mentor, receive support from your manager, and have access to the entire Baxter employee community to ensure your success. We’ll help you have fun outside of work with outings to sporting events, community service opportunities, networking events with Baxter leaders, and other activities.
The R&D intern will work within the Monitoring Technologies team alongside experienced engineers and scientists. This team develops specialized patient monitoring products that enable personalized therapy. The intern will engage in the design of components or processes, develop prototypes, perform feasibility or root cause investigations, and help implement design changes to life-saving and life-sustaining medical products. The intern may also be provided the opportunity to support other exploratory or innovation projects.
Round Lake, IL
- Monitoring fluid status / visual inspection qualifications.
- Assist in design/ protypes of devices.
- Performs routine engineering assignments of related tasks which are typically a focused portion of larger projects. These tasks provide experience and familiarization with the engineering staff, methods, techniques, theories, Corporate and division SOP's, policies and projects.
- Complete testing activities, documentation preparation and other duties as assigned.
Baxter is targeting students with proven academic performance and leadership potential. Ideal candidates will combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, adaptive to change, and collaborative
- Actively involved in campus or community activities and organizations, preferably in leadership role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.