Sr Manager, QualityReq # JR - 023962 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Quality Control Date posted 07/20/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Manages through subordinates the coordination of the activities of several sections or departments in the Quality organization. Is responsible for results in terms of compliance and/or product quality and conformance to regulations and Baxter quality policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the activities of several sections or departments in the Quality organization with responsibility for results in terms of compliance and/or product quality.
- Implements the quality systems procedures in several sections or departments and manages compliance.
- Understands and ensures conformance to regulations applicable to several sections or departments.
- May participate in or manage quality assessments of internal operations and suppliers to analyst compliance and assess risk.
- Interacts frequently with internal subordinate supervisors, functional peer and senior group managers.
- Manages interactions with regulators and customers to represent the company products and processes.
- Identifies and manages continuous improvement projects with the objective of achieving quality, reliability and cost improvements.
- Develops budget for several sections or departments and ensures adherence to the budget.
- Manages coaching, training and development of direct reports and team.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable procedures, specifications, regulations and standards.
- Quality Systems knowledge is required
- Pharma background is a plus
- Ability to manage / supervise a large team of employees.
- CAPA/NCR/Validation experience is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in science or engineering; advanced degree helpful.
- 10 plus years in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field.
- 7 years of management experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy