Sr. Manager of Supply ChainReq # JR - 076607 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 08/05/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Responsible for the supply chain operations of a manufacturing plant including the supply planning of raw materials and finished good products. Responsible for managing multiple product lines within a segment of the business. Manages buyers, planners, and warehouse operations executing planning, purchasing, and distribution processes. Provides leadership and strategic direction through management of planning activities, processes, and data/information and systems. Leads systems development and implementation initiatives for team. Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that optimize inventory levels/turns, service levels, maximize profitability, and support dynamic changes in market conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and execute strategic supply chain processes in support of supply chain and business objectives
- Responsible for managing plant planners and/or buyers who create and achieve production/purchase plans in support of goals & objectives.
- Manages warehouse operations staff and activities including receiving, stowing, picking, and packing. Optimizes processes and to ensure safety, quality and efficiency
- Serves as SME for audits (regulatory, internal, etc.)
- Responsible for developing department budget
- Maintains departmental exception system, documentation review, employee time management and performance review processing, employee training, budget control and daily scheduling
- Meets with suppliers to discuss issues, performance, and future strategies. Evaluates supplier processes and partners with suppliers to establish Best in Class performance
- Responsible to lead planners through S&OP/Operating Review meetings - identify business critical issues and facilitate discussion and decision making in support of goals & objectives
- Accountable for optimizing inventory turns - minimize excess & obsolete inventory through product life cycle management
- Accountable for maximizing service levels, in conjunction with inventory goals, through distribution requirement planning and deployment
- Leads and facilitates cross functional teams in support of strategic initiatives both within the supply chain organization and across the business units
- Responsible to provide management with inventory projections and proactively identifies service level issues
- Work with order management, sales & marketing, product managers, manufacturing, suppliers, distribution centers and third-party logistics provider in support of business
- Strong leadership skills including leading projects with broad scope and impact outside own department and promotes teamwork between departments
- Complete, in-depth understanding of all aspects of the business including profitability, inventory turns and service levels
- Strong communication skills (with staff, peers, and upper management) and ability to develop rapport with other functional leaders inside Baxter and Supply base
- Ability to do analysis of tradeoffs between business objectives - ability to think systemically
- Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes. Creates tools that help simplify job tasks and shares these with others
- Requires the ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations
- Supervises, coaches, and develops others
- Drives results through team leadership
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, solutions orientation and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought
Education and or Experience:
- BS in Operations/Logistics of similar degree; at least 7 years relevant experience.
- MBA and APICS certification preferred.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Round Lake, IL 60073
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now