Manufactuirng Supervisor I, 2nd ShiftReq # JR - 014358 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 01/29/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
The supervisor position is responsible for implementing and supervising daily activities in a specific production area to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (GMPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply.May monitor and control labor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Production Supervisor is expected to provide guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Responsible for supervising the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities –to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards.
- Audit, refine, and improve processes and equipment operation within the manufacturing areas. Drive to utilize resources and raw materials in the most efficient and productive manner possible.
- Support and Emphasize the Safety and Quality commitments of the department.
- Interview, hire, coach, motivate, develop and discipline staff. Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports. Assist in setting performance objectives and development plans. Monitor progress.
- Facilitate and verify appropriate training for employees in the area.
- Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records. Assist in release of product for distribution. Assist in meeting product release time goals.
- Develop and implement performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality. Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
- Represent the Company during FDA inspections. Provide information as necessary to FDA that establishes credibility and demonstrates compliance with cGMPs.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter.
- Submit and/or maintain and distribute reports related to attendance, labor, efficiency, safety, scrap and others as needed.
Candidate should not be allergic to PENICILLIN or CEPHALOSPORINS
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes.
- good understanding and/or hands-on familiarity with the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel to analyze and solve problems related to manufacturing, Quality, documentation, and personnel issues. Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause/corrective actions in the case of exceptions
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to understand cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- May be required to supervise multiple groups.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime when necessary is required.
Education and/or Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required and 2 years manufacturing and 1 year of leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience.
- Bachelor's degree required for ongoing career progression
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.