Line Lead, MNF Weekends 6:00 AM- 6:30 PMReq # JR - 016183 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 02/13/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Responsible for manufacturing and assembly of products. Operates production equipment. Weighs, measures and checks raw materials to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and quantities. Maintains records and clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures. May assist with in-process testing to ensure batches meet specifications. Responsible for executing all processes in production while strictly adhering to cGMP, SOPs, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply. Expected to fully participate in both departmental projects and work teams as appropriate. May troubleshoot equipment, train others, assist in reviewing batch records. Participates in continuous improvement teams, performs complex trouble shooting tasks, and recommends changes to SOPs or procedures.
Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
This shift is Saturday, Sunday, Monday 6:00 AM- 6:30 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and distributes supplies into the production area, operates general production equipment and manually cleans all portable equipment and small parts.
- Performs daily cleaning and complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Initiates and/or coordinates process improvement projects.
- Prepares media and buffer solutions.
- Revises documentation at the direction of supervisor.
- Trains and mentors junior level employees.
- Troubleshoots process problems and respond to process alarms.
- Works with other groups such as maintenance/metrology to ensure preventative maintenance is done.
- Assigns tasks and develops work schedule.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments and personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Familiarity with production equipment.
- Must be able to analyze process performance.
- Computer proficiency and ability to use enterprise software.
- Must meet local physical requirements.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures preferred.
- Understanding of cGMP regulations preferred.
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2 years’ experience. Bachelor's degree (with reduced years of experience) preferred.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.