Environmental, Health & Safety ManagerReq # JR - 070156 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category EHS Date posted 06/20/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The EHS Manager i subject matter expert who plans and executes projects and programs where the complexity requires advanced knowledge and scientific / technical specialization designed to ensure the attainment of the company’s goals relative to EHS outcomes. Participate on multi-functional teams to address and provide solutions for EHS issues with strong technical skills in the field of Industrial Hygiene (IH).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Global Industrial Hygiene program. Shares technical knowledge broadly where needed. Develops and works with other similar experts around the company
- Develops sound science / strong technical solutions where the scope of the problems may or may not be well defined
- Conducts or reviews research that helps to better manage complex EHS risks and if applicable, uses to influence the external environment
- Applies state-of-the-art scientific / technical knowledge to projects
- May originate/design EHS investigations and studies
- Creates scientific / technical reports and other documents
- Recommends different approaches to improve EHS; can communicate technical positions in common terms
- Proactively follows scientific / technical developments and trends
- Uses influence to advance EHS / IH compliance/programs
- Utilizes specialized knowledge to contribute to EHS / IH strategy development and deployment
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related field required
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) required; additional designation for Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Advanced knowledge of and experience performing industrial hygiene surveys and recommending corrective actions.
- Advanced knowledge in the identification, application, and interpretation of ACGIH TLV’s, federal codes, standards, and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in several industrial hygiene program areas such as; VOCs, asbestos, radiation, chemical safety, indoor air quality, hearing conservation and other industrial hygiene principals.
- Track record of interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other functions and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific, and statistical data.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports. Ability to clearly articulate information during regulatory inspections.
- Ability to understand applicable regulatory guidelines and industry best practice standards.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries and present information to groups and senior leaders.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use enterprise software.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Possess a working knowledge of related disciplines/other functions including manufacturing and operations processes.
- Must be conversant in applicable EHS regulations.
- Continuous improvement focus and track record.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Round Lake, IL 60073
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now