EHS&S Digital Leader (Open to Remote)Req # JR - 051873 Location Round Lake, Illinois, United States Job Category EHS Date posted 10/13/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
EHS&S Digital Leader plans, executes and occasionally direct projects and programs where the complexity requires advanced knowledge and scientific / technical specialization designed to ensure the attainment of the company’s goals relative to EHSS outcomes. They will act as team leader or mentor of work teams consisting of junior and senior staff and lead multi-functional teams to address, provide solutions for complex EHSS issues, and assures strategic and tactical plans are met.
This position is part of the Baxter Global team supporting Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S). The EHS&S Digital Leader is the primary business manager and point of contact for the current EHS Information Management System (IMS) and will own all activities associated with supporting the IMS; evaluating alternative platforms; prioritizing system enhancements to improve overall adoption and usability and change roll-out to global users. The EHS&S Digital Leader will partner with key stakeholders, vendors and IT to identify & drive improvement opportunities across tools/systems, streamline EHS&S data processes, enable connections and data insights to support EHS&S digital transformation. The ideal candidate possesses change management expertise, excels at facilitation/building consensus and acts as an independent contributor managing day to day issue resolution and system maintenance challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage large or multiple teams, demonstrate solid technical knowledge, demonstrate strong business knowledge, require limited direction, give significant direction, handle highly complex problems, possess extensive knowledge of policies, standards and procedures, have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Drive development of functional IT/Digital roadmap in partnership with EHSS, Operations and IT. Responsible for translating the vision into short- and long-term goals and deliverables; managing projects/ priorities, timelines, budgets and schedules.
- Interact across stakeholder groups to understand user perspectives, requirements, provide guidance, feedback, and anticipate/deliver on needed technical/systems support, including change management and training.
- Engage stakeholders and lead research, analysis, selection, and implementation of new tools/functionality, technologies and/or services.
- Oversee development, gathering and analysis of metrics; ensure data is routinely disseminated relevant EHSS KPIs/KAIs, dashboards and scorecards to stakeholders. Perform day-to-day system support tasks for system user groups, as required.
- Relationship manager for EHSS systems vendors/providers to deliver seamless data management support.
- Recommend different approaches to improve EHSS programs and service delivery; communicate technical positions in layman’s terms. Proactively follow technical developments and trends.
- Review multiple team, group or vendor service deliverables, provide direct and/or indirect supervision, including mentoring, performance and vendor managements for large cross-functional teams to ensure quality design and adherence to processes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Utilize specialized knowledge and partner internally and externally to develop comprehensive project plans, manage deadlines/resource needs, and effectively communicate purpose/need, scope, timing. Contribute to EHSS strategy development and deployment.
- Enable high user engagement/utilization of EHSS Systems/Tools and EHSS task/activity efficiency improvements through simplification and standardization of work processes.
- Lead large scale system requirement gathering and solution evaluation with internal stakeholders to identify IMS gaps and research solutions via various methods (e.g. reviewing current system functionality, industry benchmarking).
- Manage projects related to advanced analytics, new system/tools implementations, upgrades, and process rollout.
- Provide thought leadership to identify innovative solutions, manage/mitigate all risks, resource and scope challenges that arise in relation to scope & projects.
- Proven track record of interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments and lead change effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to/drive change across a dynamic, global and decentralized business environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific, and statistical data.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Familiarity with EHS&S Management Systems.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills; ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries and present information to groups and senior leaders.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and BI tools; ability to use enterprise software.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Possess a working knowledge of related disciplines/other functions including manufacturing and operations processes.
- Green or Black Belt certification preferred.
- Continuous improvement focus and track record.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. and/or Advanced Degree in EHS related field required
- 8+ yrs EHS experience Experience implementing EHS IT Systems at an Enterprise level
- Experience traditional and agile project management methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Round Lake, IL 60073
United States of America Explore Now