Pharmacist Infusion Systems - Field BasedReq # JR - 022018 Location Roma, Lombardy, Italy Job Category Quality Control Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Provides clinical expertise within Fluid Systems and clinical knowledge for product line(s) requiring pharmacy expertise.
Provides medial/clinical expertise related to products to internal (marketing, manufacturing, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, R&D, and legal) customers, and assists in resolution of product queries and complaints.
Assists in the development of implementation processes and required resources for Fluid Systems product line(s).
- Interfaces with subject matter experts and leaders to understand current and future practice
- Participates in related meetings, conferences, and summits for these organisations
- Solicits relevant feedback and opinions from focus groups and key thought leaders
- Possesses/maintains a current familiarity of the published medical literature relating to the product line/therapeutic area and serves as a resource regarding clinical trends and their potential impact.
- Establishes peer to peer relationships with key internal and external customers
- Solicits contact with key healthcare providers to understand customer and patient needs
- Maintains relationship with these individuals to better understand internal and external voice of customers
- Provides a feedback mechanism for marketing and research development with this information from the voice of the customer
- Liaises with Global Business Unit throughout launch timelines and ongoing
- Provides expert clinical and technical product knowledge in response to clinical/medical inquiries from external and internal customers.
- Supports sales and marketing efforts
- Able to work effectively with wider team (sales, clinical, IT) to ensure delivery of implementation
- Assists marketing with understanding the voice of the customer
- Supports marketing with internal and external presentations
- Assists sales and with relevant internal training and education
- Develops/executes internal and external education/training programs with respect to medical/clinical requirements within the product line/therapeutic area.
- Contributes to the success of Clinical Affairs
- Offers services internally as an essential clinical pharmacy resource
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have Experience
- Degree from an accredited university in pharmacy and current pharmacy license
- Experience of working in the commercial healthcare sector
- Experience with medication administration process in acute care settings and preferably, specialty environments, electronic health records and clinical monitoring systems.
- Understands infusion device technology and related implementation.
- Understanding of IV/Epidural/Sub Cutaneous drugs and prescribing regimes
- English Knowledge
- Understanding of Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Ideally experience in acute care related to IV medication administration processes, and experience with infusion device technology
- Knowledge and Experience of Operating Rooms
- Previous industry experience with clinical development preferred
- Knowledge of drug library builds of infusion pumps
- Knowledge of EMR systems
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.