Demand Planner IntelligenceReq # JR - 024999 Location Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 08/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
- Lead monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) with Commercial to generate consensus forecast for replenishment planning. Results in a plan which is used to align of production/business and finance plans
- Analyze past sales trends and sales forecast from markets and understand key drivers for demand changes (question and validate)
- Make fact-based recommendations to Commercial to drive for better forecast accuracy
- Define, drive, improve and execute demand forecast accuracy improvement plan and deployments
- Define planning parameters in consultation with market and supplying site
- Execute replenishment planning within predefined planning parameters
- Mitigate and proactively communicate supply issues to market
- Provide information and resolutions in response to queries and complaints escalated by market supply chain
- Participate in tier meetings between market / site / regional planning
Purchase Order Management
- Responsible for finished goods PO management including negotiation and delivery follow-up
- Ensure PO is issued within lead time and supplier ship per commit.
- Perform regular housekeeping in JDE to purge invalid POs
- Select cost effective and efficient transportation routing and mode
- Analysis freight cost (vs budget, vs forecast)
- Follow up shipment and handle import/export customs clearance
- Define target safety stock for different item class level in alignment with regional stocking policy and market requirement
- Manage inventory at market level considering months of supply and shelf life requirement.
- Avoid financial loss by minimizing SLOB exposure and inventory holding cost
- Responsible for coordination of stock count; damage goods, short expired goods and obsolete goods management
- Support new product launch, source change, regulatory filing, tender, code deletion, EOL activities by working closely with market, franchise and site to ensure supply.
- Take action on key reports which include backorders, service levels, inventory deep dive as well as tier issue trackers to minimize service and cost impact.
- Master and harness the key capabilities of Rapid Response to execute replenishment planning timely and effectively
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Supply Chain/Logistics Management is preferred but not mandatory
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification highly desirable
- Complete, in depth understanding of all aspects of the supply chain process including planning, inventory turns, supply chain cost and service levels
- Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes. Creates tools that help simplify job tasks and shares these with others
- Related experience in Pharmaceutical/Medical Device Manufacturing environment or related production industry experience required
- Related experience in managing with multiple planning (ERP) systems and interfaces
- Working knowledge of inventory, planning systems and order/purchasing systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based systems; mastery of Excel is a must
Other Personal Attributes
- A strong team player with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to operate in a matrix environment
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Keen driver for process improvement
- Deep understanding of Business dynamics and Supply Chain
- Excellent attention to detail
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.