Facilities Recovery/Dissolving TechnicianReq # JR - 031183 Location Opelika, Alabama Job Category Maintenance Date posted 12/03/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position is an integral part of a team that will operate and maintain the ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes for the facility. These are highly specialized processes that require an intensive training period.
Daily operation, repair and preventive maintenance of the following
- Feed systems including filtering and tank management
- Ultra-filtration process for water and & distillation for NMP recovery
- Handling of NMP and UF waste streams
- Dissolving operations for polymer and center solutions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes. Dissolving involves the loading of raw materials by vacuum transfer, mixing and preparing the polymer for use by production. Ultra-filtration and distillation are the recovery processes to recover and reuse the solvent NMP in our Production process.
- Performs preventive, predictive and calibration tasks assigned as Maximo work orders and performs periodic maintenance according to written instructions. All results are logged and filed as a permanent record.
- Performs general maintenance and repair activities as required. Unplanned breakdown or repair activities are captured as an unplanned Maximo work order and issued. The results are logged and filed as a permanent record.
- Executes all work in accordance with established procedures. Written procedures are followed to perform equipment maintenance and operation.
- Monitors and operates the recovery/dissolving system. This system is used to control the majority of the recovery/dissolving equipment in the plant.
- Responsible for monitoring the temperature, pressure and vacuum parameters to ensure proper operation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 year degree preferred.
- Plant Maintenance Technician or equivalent preferred.
Additional Skills Needed
- Troubleshooting experience utilizing a multi-meter and test devices
- Understand and perform calibration procedures
- Ability to utilize mathematic formulas to calculate steam, pressure, & vacuum
- Must possess a good working knowledge of maintenance and preventive maintenance activities
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Team player - Work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Willingness to travel as required
- Technically proficient in mechanical and electrical activities
- Computer literate
- Must be able to work in a plant environment without daylight / windows and in outdoor conditions
- Frequently ascends/descends ladders and stairs to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- It involves climbing vertical ladders and stairs to access equipment for service and repair
- Ability to walk and access all areas of the plant on a scheduled basis of at least 2 times per 12 hour shift.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours, weekends and holidays
- Able to drive motorized lift equipment for hauling material or lifting personnel to work aloft.
- Able to work at heights, which may include a ladder or personnel lift equipment.
- Able to use various hand and power tools in performing daily maintenance duties.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.