Senior Process Technician (Components)Req # JR - 017857 Location Old Toongabbie, New South Wales, Australia Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 03/06/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Senior Process Technician, Components
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
At Baxter, we know that people are critical to our success. For this reason, we have a highly supportive culture with focus on developing the careers of our people. The company also promotes an environment to allow autonomy, achievement, collegial support and sharing within a rewarding work environment.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior process Technician in our Components Manufacturing Department reporting to the Department Technical Lead; the role is based at our Old Toongabbie campus that boast’s great facilities including gym, café, cafeteria, free onsite parking and highly automated manufacturing facility.
The purpose of this position is to support Components Manufacturing function achieve operational goals by:
- Providing daily technical support to bag making processes to minimise downtime.
- Take a leading role in implementing and performing frontline improvement activities using lean/TPM framework to ensure equipment OEE is continually improved.
- Leading daily manufacturing process quality improvement efforts to continuously reduce quality risks.
The core duties of this hands-on role are:
- As part of frontline operations team, provide hands-on technical support and breakdown assistance
- Work with Maintenance team and execute preventative and condition-based maintenance program.
- Lead frontline equipment improvement teams to achieve continuously improving OEE.
- Participate in non-conformance investigations to continuously reduce quality risks.
- Provide SME and Technical Training support to Operations and Maintenance Personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Vocational qualification in electrical trades/engineering discipline
- Electrical trades license
- PLC programming, Allen Bradley PLCs
- Radio-Frequency welding equipment experience
- Experience in automation equipment engineering and maintenance
- SCADA programming knowledge
- Experience and knowledge in GMP
- Lean manufacturing and TPM concepts; Experience in leading focused improvement teams
Apply today and experience a career that matters! Applications close Friday 20th March 2020
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.