Compounding Assistant/TechnicianReq # JR - 046277 Location Old Toongabbie, New South Wales, Australia Job Category Clinical Date posted 03/03/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Role – Compounding Assistants & Technicians
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a difference and doing something that really matters. We are looking for great team players, positive attitude, flexible and adaptable. You’ll welcome coaching and feedback and are always looking at ways to further develop yourself as well as the service we offer.
We have great opportunities for Compounding Assistants and Compounding Technicians to join our team in Old Toongabbie in a Full-time 12 Month FTC position, working on the following shift 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm (starting with 1:00 pm -9:00 pm initially) Monday to Friday with ad hoc weekend work. The main purpose of this role is to support the aseptic production process.
Note: during training your shift will be 930am -530pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picking and preparing raw materials
- Labelling, inspection and sealing of compounded products
- Aseptically compounding (mixing) sterile solutions.
- Packing of finished units for each order including final inspection of products.
- Labelling and dispatching of prepared products.
- Ensuring documentation is completed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Adhering to Baxter’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Other duties as required
Essential skills & qualifications
- Enjoy work that requires a high attention to detail
- Be comfortable working within a cleanroom environment for most of your working day
- Be highly productive
- Demonstrate a good understanding of basic mathematics
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be flexible across shifts within the operating hours of 7am to 10pm
- Experience in pharmacy, manufacturing or warehousing would be an advantage
- Tasks involve manual repetitive handling and dexterity
- Previous manual compounding experience highly regarded
- Be comfortable working with task-specific personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Able to work as part of a large team in a fast-paced production environment.
Benefits & Culture:
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and winner of the 2019 Women in MedTech Award, Baxter ANZ is focused on being a best place to work. Situated in Western Sydney, and featuring and onsite subsidized cafeteria and café, gym, we offer a dynamic and future focused work environment offering work place flexibility, additional annual leave and a strong value driven culture.
Join us at Baxter! This is where we save and sustain lives.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Old Toongabbie NSW 2146
Australia Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now