ANZ Domestic Freight SpecialistReq # JR - 015085 Location Old Toongabbie, New South Wales, Australia Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 02/20/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The purpose of role is for the management and control of all ANZ Domestic Freight and replenishment freight activities for Baxter Healthcare, supporting delivery to internal and external customers with the transport supplier network. Leverage industry and Baxter best practices to drive cost and service improvements in line with the broader Supply Chain strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Supply Chain and internal teams with freight requirements – bookings, schedules, changes and rates.
- Liaise with suppliers and transport services to facilitate on time shipments.
- Analyse and develop delivery routes combining dispatches and internal courier needs.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, manage issues and initiate appropriate recovery actions and solutions as required.
- Maintain and manage freight relationships with Baxter Regional and Local teams.
- Identify and drive opportunities for streamlining the current logistics processes.
- Collate information and documentation required for routine auditing and accurate reporting in line with Baxter Policy and Chain of responsibility (CoR) requirements.
- Measure, Monitor and report on freight performance, identify trend, propose and execute cost actions.
- Update and maintain Job Instruction Breakdowns (JIBs) required for the role
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety is considered and applied under the applicable guidelines.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in the Domestic Freight flows within ANZ is highly regarded.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in managing suppliers of parcel freight, courier freight, airfreight as well as managing domestic intra and interstate trucking suppliers.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of with Chain of responsibility and compliance.
- Ability to operate under pressure, without supervision and in a customer focused manner.
- Personal computer skills and data analytical capabilities.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Advanced MS applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) relevant to job
- Excellent customer service
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of QA, GMP and Quality standards
- Customs Brokers International Trade Course or relevant industry experience
- Experience in Dangerous Goods (IATA,ADG,NZDG,IMDG)
- Multi modal experience
Apply today and experience a career that matters! Applications close 9 July 2020.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.