Health Outcomes and Reimbursement ManagerReq # JR - 022023 Location Newbury, England, United Kingdom Job Category Market Access Date posted 06/22/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter are currently looking to recruit a Health Outcomes and Reimbursement Manager to develop and implement the Health Outcomes strategy for the UK and Ireland with opportunity for additional project responsibility across Europe. You will develop evidence to support the value propositions of Baxter Healthcare’s products by:
- Making best use of the data that we have today through assisting the business to build financial models and business cases that position our current offerings as being of economic benefit as well as clinical benefit.
- Working with Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) and the business to influence Governments, Key Opinion Leaders and Patient associations through the macro-economic advantages of our product and services.
- Influencing Baxter Global and Europe to produce UK required data to support the introduction of new and developing technologies and services.
- Developing UK strategies to achieve appropriate reimbursement for existing, new and developing technologies and services.
- Assisting and guiding the EMEA ICS & DH Team with Health Outcomes related matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate local market access strategies for new and existing products.
- Collaboration with Baxter’s businesses to develop effective economic and reimbursement information and deliver this to key constituents including public policy makers, healthcare executives and physicians.
- Work with sales and marketing organisations to develop product detailing in support of the achievement of sales goals and objectives.
- Develop the businesses knowledge of Health Economics and support their Marketing Planning process.
- Practical business application of health economics. data evaluation, synthesis and analysis of market information to create favourable evidence of priority products therapies and services.
- Work with internal and external customers to explore and apply elements of economic evaluations that influence therapy selection.
- Monitoring the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) activity and co-ordination of NICE submissions.
- In collaboration with European and Global colleagues, generation and adaptation of economic models and analyses.
- Collaborates with the Country ICS teams in EMEA to identify opportunities for expanding influential models that demonstrate Baxter’s offerings’ economic and clinical benefits into other EMEA countries. Assists and follows up with country Market Access team members in the execution of these models and related HEOR initiatives.
- Liaise with academic groups and key opinion leaders to ensure the most robust and up to date methodology are included within projects.
- Effectively manage projects, outsourced to external consultancy(s).
Qualifications, Key Skills and Experience
Experience and Key Skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Other European languages are a plus.
- Experience in the practice, design and implementation of health economic studies including cost-minimisation, cost-effectiveness, cost utility, cost-benefit and cost-consequence analysis, as well as a solid foundation in the design and application of quality-of-life research in relation to pharmaceutical and device reimbursement.
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior level country leadership teams.
- The ability to make effective independent decisions within a matrix environment under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with internet and multiple software applications including Microsoft Office, statistical and decision analysis software.
- Demonstrable record of collaborative working, and personal delivery to agreed timelines
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Understanding of reimbursement systems in key UK markets.
- Degree in economics or life science / medicine
- Postgraduate qualification in health economics (essential if first degree is not in economics)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or medical device corporate environment in the field of health economic practice, research and strategic consulting.
- Experience in developing health economics dossiers impacting other European countries is an asset.
What we offer
- A challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse and experienced team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
- Independent position with an opportunity to build your own strategy and make a real impact
- A chance to further build your professional experience in the area of health care
- Internal training tailored to business needs and career goals
- Stability of employment in a recognizable and established company
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.