Quality Lab Associate I- ChemistryReq # JR - 045200 Location Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States Job Category Chemistry Date posted 07/15/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Responsible for the outgoing quality, safety, and efficacy of product produced at Mountain Home (relative to Chemistry Laboratory analyses) involving complex routine and non-routine testing and validation in the Chem Lab.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine chemical raw material testing through final analyses. Testing is process driven involving SOP, JIB, CQP and Spec procedure/guidance
- Is responsible for interpreting and analyzing results. If any results are out of limit/specifications, they initiate and complete an investigation
- All lab personnel are required to participate in continuous improvement activities and problem solving events using independent judgment for solutions
- Assure compliance of manufacturing and quality control operations per all required procedures, standards and regulations.
- Update procedures, conduct routine audits, review of completed chemical testing for compliance.
- Participates in cross-functional teams representing the Chem Lab, which involves independent judgment and decision making
- Initiates an investigation, collects all data, makes hypotheses, tests hypotheses, identifies root cause, determines trends, then makes recommendations for corrective action/preventative action
- Identifying, defining and investigating problems relating to product, process and quality systems including out-of-limits situations
- Document results electronically or use other forms of records
- Maintain Data Integrity at all times, following the Baxter guidance procedures.
- Adherence to laboratory safety procedures and practices to maintain the safety of yourself and coworkers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of science in Chemistry or any science related field (Chemistry Preferred)
- 0-2 years' experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and ability to use other appropriate software
- Basic laboratory skills including mathematical skills for analytical calculations as defined per procedures including basic rounding and significant figure
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to perform gowning requirements
- Must be able to wear applicable Personal Protective Equipment
- Position requires handling of laboratory chemicals.
- Occasional travel as required
- Must be able to see full spectrum of color
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.