Maintenance TechnicianReq # JR - 024221 Location Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 08/12/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining building, grounds, utilities, and general construction. This role either reports to a supervisor or manager of facilities maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Performs preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis.
- Responsible for repairing building components, utility systems and mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Must be familiar with plant SOPs and Corporate specifications governing the operation of boiler room equipment, critical systems and local GMP practices.
- Will provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of building systems, equipment and equipment components which includes but not limited to: heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment; distillation units; boilers; compressors; sterilization equipment; forced aeration; pumps, piping, and plumbing components; facility equipment.
- Requires some familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and codes.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
- Attends required training, meetings, and QWTs.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- High School Diploma is required.
- 3 - 5 years of mechanical systems repair is desired
- Proficiency in steam, compressed air, electrical systems, and computer diagnostics preferred.
- Must be respirator approved, testing provided by Baxter
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry and climb 10 ft ladders.
- Must be able to stand and work at least 2-hour minimum intervals.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.