EHS&S Associate DirectorReq # JR - 042399 Location Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States Job Category EHS Date posted 06/14/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge, applicability and implementation of US environmental and health and safety regulatory requirements.
- Provide vision and leadership to further the site’s EHS goals in a collaborative environment with a bias for action.
- Functional organizational design assessment and recommendations to enhance team capabilities
- Strong collaboration with local operations teams as well as corporate functions
- Proactively partner and collaborate with Operations, Facilities and Legal to manage and mitigate risk
- Primary site contact for EHS regulatory agencies
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with external entities
- Ongoing assessment and prioritization of EHS capex and opex requirements
- Ability to implement strong Management of Change (MOC) programs commensurate with ongoing site operations and engineering activities.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated, in depth US expertise both environmental and health and safety
- Proven success managing and actively engaging teams with a clear vision and positive outcomes.
- Ability to influence and interface effectively with site/regional/corporate leadership teams as well as organizations outside Baxter.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering or related field required;
- M.S. Degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering or Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working within the industrial sector; 5 years in a management capacity
- Professional certifications (Professional Engineer, Certified Safety Professional, other) highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.