Senior Environmental, Health and Safety SpecialistReq # JR - 030013 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Job Category EHS Date posted 11/11/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Senior Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist is responsible for the implementation and administration of all applicable environmental and safety programs consistent with Baxter EHS requirements. The role is responsible for operation of EHS activities for general office, technical service and pharmacy services facilities assuring compliance to applicable Federal, Provincial and local regulations. The EHS Technician works with the Manager to set targets and objective for the environmental, health and safety programs; consistent with regulatory changes and corporate direction utilizing a risk-based approach.
- Implement the necessary systems to meet and maintain Baxter Global EHS Requirements
- Identification of the significant EHS aspects and risks of the facility’s operations.
- Ensure that programs are implemented to achieve the targets and objectives.
- Track progress toward the EHS objectives and targets.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure operational control and preventative maintenance are in place for significant EHS aspects and risks.
- Evaluate and address the impacts to EHS with new products and processes.
- Maintain emergency response programs and respond to issues that may occur.
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Participate on and support teams representing EHS area of expertise
Regulatory and Corporate EHS Compliance
- Ensure implementation of applicable provisions of the company’s EHS policies, programs and procedures.
- Assess and communicate regulatory requirements to appropriate stakeholders and management and ensure that plans are established and executed to assure that Baxter’s activities are conducted in compliance with applicable Federal, Provincial and local laws.
- Provide facility representation during various EHS audits that includes outside agency inquiries and/or inspections.
- Assist with EHS audits at the Corporate and Regional levels.
- Maintain applicable records and complete reporting as appropriate for EHS activities including tracking of EHS metrics using the Baxter Insite system
Learning and Development
- Develop systems to ensure that employees are trained in appropriate EHS aspects of their job.
- Develop and facilitate training programs that address environmental, health and safety aspects of the operation and ensure compliance to all corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a work culture that educates employees about their role in effective EHS performance and Employee Wellness initiatives
- Report on the performance of the EHS program to management including progress to corporate and facility EHS targets.
- Management of all WSIB claims
- Early and safe return to work management for all disability cases
- Bachelors and EHS College diploma
- Proven success with strategic EHS systems (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001) in a sophisticated environment (Pharmaceutical or food manufacturing)
- 2- 4 years in Environmental Health and Safety
- Experience in Hazardous Waste management, Environmental green project’s and have strong working knowledge of/certificates of Approval for air and water, NPRI.
- Excellent knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act, CSA standards and Environmental Regulations
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.