Purchasing SpecialistReq # JR - 026691 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Job Category Purchasing Date posted 09/15/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Purchasing Specialist will bring a high level of professional procurement skills to establish effective supplier relationships, development of sourcing initiatives and be involved in procurement process methodologies. The successful candidate will develop relationships and collaborate with both the internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities will include ensuring favorable contracting terms and conditions for the organization, mitigating risk at every opportunity and ensuring service level agreements are established that drive continuous improvement and cost savings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement short and long-term procurement strategies designed to reduce costs and improve quality and service while meeting goals and objectives of the organization. Manages purchasing of materials and supplies. Reviews requisitions and initiates purchase orders for supplies.
- Identify savings and improve financial performance through cost reduction, continuous improvement initiatives, data analysis, and management and implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Maximize opportunities through use of preferred vendor list, consortium and group purchasing, utilize Vendors of Record and maintain vendor performance.
- Responsible for PO setup/ maintenance, Vendor setup/maintenance including Third Party Policy, COUPA user support and troubleshooting system issues.
- Prepare and drive RFX’s (Request for Proposal/ Quotation) with internal customers, defining appropriate procurement methods, supporting operational goals/objectives and devising creative solutions to meet the procurement needs of various departmental stakeholders.
- Use proven procurement methodologies, best practices, governing laws, policies and market conditions relevant for the purchase ensuring fair and transparent Procurement.
- Communicate and manage relationships with suppliers and stakeholders to help mitigate any issues in a proactive manner.
- Protect organization resources by establishing policies and procedures that conform to government or industry regulations.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing role.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred) or Post-Secondary education in related field preferred or equivalent combined years’ experience.
- SCMP/ CPP Certification related to Purchasing preferred.
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
- Strong experience in all Indirect Category purchases
- Must possess strong sourcing, negotiation and contract management skills
- Knowledge of COUPA or any other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team of professionals.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.