Pharmacy AssistantReq # JR - 026571 Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Job Category Clinical Date posted 08/27/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The incumbent will be responsible for picking and preparing CIVA batch components for each of the active cleanroom(s). Perform component sanitization activities for all CIVA batches (I.E. antibiotics, chemotherapy, Total Parental Nutrition (TPN) and narcotics). Label and package CIVA finished products for dispatch. Collaborate with CIVA Supervisors, Pharmacists and CIVA Quality team to ensure production workflow and compliance are met daily. In addition, incumbent will assist and perform other duties as required.
- Pick raw materials for cleanroom compounding. Perform in-process checks to ensure 100% accuracy. Maintain communication with CIVA cleanrooms to ensure production flow is maintained at an optimal level.
- Perform component sanitization for all items entering the cleanroom(s), while ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Perform final inspection and label CIVA batch units. Maintain coordination with CIVA labelling coordinator and Pharmacists to ensure delivery times are met.
- Assembling boxes and packing finished products for dispatch. Manually load and transfer products between pharmacy areas.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Pharmacy assistant/technician diploma
- Pursuing registration as a Pharmacy Technician (R.PhT) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Successful completion of the PEBC evaluation exam or graduation from a CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program
Major Subjects / Specialties
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Aseptic technique knowledge
Type of Experience
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing or related experience
- Hospital pharmacy and/or retail pharmacy experience
- Cleanroom experience
Years of Experience
- 1 – 2 years
- 2 + years
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional decision making abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work all shifts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to lift approximately 30 lbs. regularly throughout the day
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand for extended periods throughout the day
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to follow and retain detailed standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history
- Must be able to show drive and a sense of urgency to achieving production deadlines
- Escalating non-conformances and quality issues to the on-site Pharmacists, Supervisor or Quality team
- Coordinate with Pharmacy Supervisors, Label Coordinators, CIVA Pharmacists, CIVA Customer Service team and cleanroom Team Leads to assist in production workflow.
- Deal with ambiguity and sense of urgency to ensure production maintains at optimal levels
- Must complete work within tight time constraints
- Maintain 100% component picking and preparation accuracy
- Ensure that each component and batch are free from defects
- Ensure all in-process checks are 100% accurate and completed
- Ensure all documentation and processes are compliant to GMP and Baxter policies
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.