Tender and Contracts Associates ManagerReq # JR - 027494 Location Mississauga, Ontario Job Category Commercial Operations Date posted 11/09/2020
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The role of Associate Contracts Manager is responsible for regional contract management for all consumable, equipment and service contracts. The Associate Contracts Manager will work with key business partners, primarily Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Logistics, and Legal, to ensure successful end-to-end management of all contracts providing coordination of Contracts (new and resigns), as well as providing support to stakeholders. The Associate Contracts Manager will engage in Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and Tender responses supporting the RFP & Contracts Manager with all sort of background information on the account(s) till completion of the submission. The Associate Contracts Manager will take full responsibility for the contracts under its umbrella acting diligently in accordance with the processes in place.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of contracts for region respective customers.
- Work with the appropriate personnel on requested changes or additions to standard contract verbiage. Work with Group Contracts & Tender Manager, Legal Department or the Business owner for guidance and approval.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely notification of pricing and eligibility to customers. - Assist all levels of stakeholders with management of the Regional Contract Calendar taking into the account the national perspective.
- Support RFP Lead with regional RFP’s and RFI’s for the region.
- Execute and manage contract process (new, renewals, capital, consumables, lease, quotes, extensions)
- Ensure all contract resign occur in timely manner and use judgment on determining if there’s a need to escalate to Management Team
- Managing the contract process, leading the process for preparation of agreements, contracts, and/or price quotations.
- Ensure full compliance with Baxter documented procedures (SOPs, BOPs, Approval Rights, Signature Rights, RACI Matrix, Contract Forms Package, Contract Templates), all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices - Engage in terms/conditions negotiations internally to support Sales and ensure Baxter’s interests are well defended and processes are followed
- Manage terms and conditions analysis with Legal Specialist and/or Legal to ensure completion within timelines and adherence to processes
- Organizing kickoff, and status updates calls/meetings for resigns with key stakeholders (sales, marketing, legal, finance, pricing, etc)
- Big Board maintenance and Contract Calendar end-to-end management
- Support other Baxter Canada Contracts and Pricing initiatives as required, including compliance with Canada grant policy, evaluation and implementation of contracts technology including Business Intelligence, contracts repository, BAM/JDE improvements and workflow tools - Builds and maintains database for executed contracts
- Support Sales and Marketing teams in the contracts process whenever necessary to ensure adherence to process
- Liaise with customers on building opportunities to improve relationships in conjunction with the sales team to enhance contract management
- Provide Sales with monthly status reports on contract renewals/negotiations identifying outstanding tasks
- Challenging the status quo and evaluating opportunities to simplify and integrate and accelerate contracting/pricing processes
- Proactively provide decision support and recommendations to simplify and integrate processes Assessment of future support requirements given the dynamic nature of the business
- Continuous focus on process improvement and simplification
- Engage in continuous improvements, provide recommendations, provide solutions, support ideas and initiatives
- Directly accountable to ensure the integrity and compliance with Baxter policies and procedures, maintain internal control environment including compliance with SOX
- Responsible for contributions to and creation of standard operating procedures and the maintenance of those procedures.
- Education Level - Must be Bilingual French/English
- University Degree, required. - MBA, contract specialization, Business management, preferred. Major Subjects / Specialties - Business Administration, contracts specialty or related field, required.
- BComm, Finance, Marketing, preferred.
- Type of Experience Required: - Contract and Pricing Administration - Direct negotiations for small to medium agreements Preferred: - Sales Support - Contract Management - RFP Management - Analytical skills
- Years of Experience - 3-5 years related experience, required. - 5+ years in Healthcare, preferred.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.