Material Handler IReq # JR - 024304 Location Memphis, Tennessee, United States Job Category Material Handler Date posted 07/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Verify product for Inbound Processes
- Use a Radio Frequency Terminal / Scan gun to process product throughout warehouse.
- Assure compliance to all procedures related to Regulatory, Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements (including spills, damages, and returns).
- Transport material by operating various types of material handling equipment (e.g. forklift, clamp truck, reach truck, cherry picker).
- Prepare, load, and secure materials for shipment.
- Receive, transport, and store materials.
- Placard all loads as required (government, military, export, etc).
- Process and stage damaged product in accordance with SOPs.
- Meet KPI standards set by management without damage to product.
- Participate in projects and teams to continuously improve the operation and key result areas (safety, quality, service, and cost).
- Work with warehouse computer applications (WM, Traxx, RF Term, etc.).
- Inspect trailers and complete documentation.
- Responsible for activating or reviewing temperature monitors on temperature sensitive products.
- Must be able to work both independently without direct supervision and as a contributing team member.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to work overtime, as necessary.
- Good Distribution Practices must be followed.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- This position requires candidates who must be able to lift and move up to 65 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving reach trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, and possibly extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires candidates with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- This position requires proficiency in warehouse management systems and PC environments.
Pay 15.15 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.