Project Leader IIReq # JR - 021117 Location Marsa, Il-Marsa, Malta Job Category Research and Development Date posted 05/05/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Summary of Post
Project Leader II provides business and technical leadership for one or more projects within the Global Business unit, leading project teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes.PLII are experienced project leaders capable of managing more complex efforts spanning multiple projects as part of larger programmes. They lead global cross functional teams towards achieveing business goals, as part of the overal GBU business strategy. PLII are able to operate independently, able to clearly coordinate recommendations to senior level GBU management and drive for decision making when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities for the position
- Accountable for core team performance, project schedule and execution, budget commitments and spend
- Support project communication by interacting with PMO Senior Management, Project Core Team and extended teams to ensure effective communications and manage expectations
- Continuously interacts with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Work within the guidelines of the organization's project office model, standard performance metrics, and regulatory guidelines to support, plan, monitor, control, and implement projects
- Anticipates potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manages conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
- Monitor project budget commitments, including purchasing of supplies and equipment as needed
- Active in regular project budget activities including forecasting of internal resources, external spend and capital expenditure
Who you are
- Strong attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Strong leadership potential
- Demonstrated competencies in all aspects of project management including schedule management.
- Familiarity with product development processes
- Excellent communication and team management skills
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor level Engineering degree or equivalent experience with 3-5 years project management experience, and 3 years of product life cycle experience. Experience in a highly regulated industry is preferred.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.