Supt, ManufacturingReq # JR - 022423 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Through subordinate supervisors, manages shift or multiple shift operations within manufacturing departments. Responsible for meeting budget, quality, and production goals, setting standards, and making employment and staffing decisions. Interprets manufacturing policies, procedures, and programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting production requirements, delivering quality products to customers in a timely fashion and cost-efficient manner.
- Identify/prioritize/provide resources to assist the department manager to meet the annual operating plan and budgetary commitments.
- Supervise the daily manufacturing operations across a department or multiple departments.
- Emphasize training and implement control systems on the shift or multiple shifts to eliminate product discrepancies.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental processes.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Shared Values: Respect/Responsiveness/Results.
- Support and emphasize the Safety and Quality commitments of the department.
- Make staffing decisions.
- Investigate and resolve disciplinary issues up to and including suspensions and terminations.
- Will be responsible for driving operational excellence and flawless execution in the areas of cost reduction, discard reduction, annual productivity improvements, inventory turnover, regulatory excellence including exception reduction and internal/external regulatory commitment management, on time delivery and lead time reduction, improving the overall safety of the work environment, leadership development and the ability to create a vibrant continuos improvement culture based on the principles of QLP, Lean Manufacturing, total employee involvement and DMAIC problem solving
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Ability to manage activities of departments through subordinates who exercise full supervision in terms of cost, methods, and employees.
- Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data and information and financial reports, understand and resolve technical difficulties, interface with internal engineering/technical experts and external technical representatives, manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting, be resourceful to a large manufacturing department.
- Knowledge of World Class manufacturing methods (QLP, Lean, Six Sigma), Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Drug and Administration guidelines and process validation.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Required Education and Experience
- Requires a B.S. or equivalent, preferably in a technical discipline.
- 5-7 years experience in all aspects of the manufacturing process.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.