Production Supervisor 5th ShiftReq # JR - 043853 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 07/20/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Production Supervisor 5th Shift 0630 - 1830
The supervisor position is responsible for implementing and supervising daily activities in a specific production area to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (GMPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply. May monitor and control labor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This section contains a list of primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
- Supervise the daily manufacturing operations in an area – maintain (audit, refine, improve) equipment and processes within this area.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment
- Support and Emphasize the Safety and Quality commitments of the department – make decisions concerning these commitments within the area.
- Ability to utilize resources and raw materials in the most efficient and productive manner possible.
- Identify/prioritize/provide resources in an area to assist the superintendent to meet the annual operational plan and budgetary commitments,
- Facilitate and verify appropriate training for employees in the area (including but not limited to GMP, job skills, safety)
- Ensure compliance with all GMP rules, product documentation, specifications, SOPs, and FDA requirements as required.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental process – support Talent Management goals, conduct recognition and disciplinary action for employees, facilitate employee representation throughout the organization.
- Submit and/or maintain and distribute reports related to attendance, labor, efficiency, safety, scrap and others as needed.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree (preferably in a scientific or engineering discipline) with 0-3 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to understand GMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Interact with all levels of personnel to analyze and solve problems related to manufacturing, Quality, documentation, and personnel issues.)
- Work in and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- Collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause/corrective actions in the case of exceptions.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- May be required to supervise multiple groups.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.