KNorth, Technician I, Production 3rd Shift (11 PM to 7 AM)Req # JR - 070062 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 06/23/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Production Technician I - Kiefel
Shift: 3rd shift(11PM- 7AM)
The Kiefel Production Technician I is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by supplying, operating and maintaining a Kiefel Machine in addition to inspecting and performing quality checks on the finished bags.
Essential Job Duties
- Operate, monitor and make adjustments as necessary to a Kiefel machine using controls on an electrical control panel (HMI) or by making manual adjustments.
- Load and replenish production supplies (i.e. injection sites, tubing, PVC/Non-PVC roll stock and adhesive) at a rate consistent with production needs.
- Perform minor routine and preventative maintenance such as alignment adjustments, replacement of machine parts or belts, cleaning and lubrication while supporting Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Perform scheduled quality checks, disposition product, identify any deviations that may occur and take the appropriate action to include stopping production on the machine if necessary.
- Inspect finished product and ensure that the quality standards have been met.
- Load and secure finished product in mobile closets.
- Execute a machine changeover when assigned.
- Document required information on manufacturing logs and/or POMS system.
- Investigate, identify and correct or escalate any inefficiency in the machine’s performance
- Test, inspect and package Inter-Plant Shipping Orders (IPSO).
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities.
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including maintaining and securing provided tools.
- In a Class II Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses or goggles, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, gown, shoe covers and gloves (additional PPE required when cleaning).
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- Involves working around equipment and powerful machinery
- Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Proficient in how to use a calculator and measurement tools as well as basic hand tools.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Production Technician or manufacturing experience with duties including preventative maintenance, machine troubleshooting, etc.
- Requires the ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds and stand/walk continuously throughout the shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the shift
- Normal visual acuity required
Must be able to
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now