Handler, Material ReceivingReq # JR - 067137 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 08/03/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Material Handler – Receiving
Shift: 6th (7pm-7am)
The Material Handler, Receiving is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by efficiently and accurately transporting raw materials and other production supplies to and from production areas, storage areas, staging areas and trailers using a forklift, pallet truck or other PIT.
The Material Handler, Receiving is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by efficiently and accurately transporting raw materials and other production supplies to and from production areas, storage areas, staging areas and trailers using a forklift, pallet truck or other PIT. Assisting IPSO area when needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Pick raw materials and production supplies from warehouse either by hand, forklift or other means and deliver to the designated area.
- By schedule or upon request, pick up materials or empty containers from production areas and transport to the warehouse or other department.
- Using the Enterprise Resource Planning software (AS400) and Production Operations Management System (JDE)(GME) access and update inventory locations if necessary.
- Receives IPSO (Inter-Plant Shipping Orders) and prepares them for shipment.
- Secure trailer while loading by blocking and locking out.
- Unload raw materials and production supplies from trailers and box trucks.
- Pre-Op the forklift and change out batteries (if required).
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Fast paced environment with moderate pedestrian/PIT traffic.
- In an environment that always requires safety glasses however additional PPE/Garb is required when cleaning and when delivering/picking up material in controlled environments.
- This position involves working around moving equipment.
- There is occasional vibration while operating a forklift or pallet truck.
- May be required to transport Hazardous Materials.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now