Handler, Material PackingReq # JR - 027460 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 09/11/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Packing Material Handler contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by transporting, visually inspecting and packing IV therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions into cartons for distribution.
Essential Job Duties
Duties performed on a rotational basis
- Transport sterilized bags using a powered industrial truck from the cooling area to the Packing line and remove previously unloaded trucks
- Inspect and change out batteries on the powered industrial truck (if required)
- Keep the truck unloader continuously supplied with trucks to be unloaded
- Operate and maintain automated packaging equipment and ensure the carton erector is continuously supplied as indicated on the Bill of Material (BOM)
- Visually inspect each bag for defects, ensure proper orientation and categorize and log any defects identified
Duties performed on a continual or intermittent basis
- Manually unload trucks and package bags when necessary
- Unpackage product and reinspect when necessary
- Assist in performing line clearance
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- This position is in a Class IV Controlled Environment which includes the following PPE requirements: safety glasses, safety shoes, gloves and ear plugs.
- There is constant or intermittent noise and vibration.
- This position involves working around moving equipment, machinery and belts
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Possess or be able to obtain PIT Operator Certification
- Possess or be able to obtain Inspector Certification
- One year of manufacturing experience
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) Silver level
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at a height up to 40 inches occasionally throughout the shift
- Must be able to carry up to 40 pounds at a distance of up to 25 feet occasionally throughout the shift
- Must be able to push and pull up to 48 pounds at a distance of up to 15 feet occasionally throughout the shift
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary
- - Must be able to pass the Powered Industrial Truck (P.I.T.) physical
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb stairs, reach forward, reach overhead, balance, stoop, crouch
- Must be able to handle objects and operate controls using fine/simple/firm grasping and fingering
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.