Environmental ManagerReq # JR - 067631 Location Marion, North Carolina, United States Job Category EHS Date posted 06/20/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Job Title: Environmental Manager
Function: Environmental, Health, & Safety
Summary: Develop, implement, and administrate all applicable Environmental policies and programs. Provide compliance with all federal, state and local environmental regulations. Act as liaison with external regulatory agencies. Provide technical leadership and support to site operational leadership, corporate EHS, and other Baxter locations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage and act as subject matter expert (SME) for environmental and sustainability programs, permits, and reporting in program areas including but not limited to: Air, Hazardous Waste, Risk Management, Recycling, Emergency Response, Spill Prevention, Stormwater Control, ISO 14001 and associated reporting obligations
- Knowledgeable and proficient with: Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA, ISO 14001
- Develop, implement, manage, and/or ensure compliance for environmental, safety, and industrial hygiene compliance programs; focused on managing and improving processes including but not limited to minimizing waste, energy and water usage.
- Manage/support the facility EHS Management System in compliance to company policies and ISO-14001/45001 Standards.
- Monitor and evaluate and act upon new environmental regulations.
- Manage and provide support for site activities which impact areas of environmental and/or safety compliance with Federal, State, or Local regulations.
- In collaboration with management, assist in developing and implementing site policies concerning environmental issues.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding existing and new permits related to operations and construction.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to the EHS team and Safety Committees.
- Act as a contact for federal and state environmental regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, and reporting.
- Key liaison with Baxter Corporate EHS&S; provide input to corporate guidance and programs.
- Lead and assure regulatory environmental, corporate and divisional reports are timely and meeting all regulations and requirements.
- Identify needs and provide specialized training to Baxter employees.
- Implement and maintain solid and hazardous waste programs
- Ensure risk assessments are conducted for all aspects and environmental tasks throughout the facility. Develop effective Corrective Actions and ensure all are completed.
- Lead auditing initiatives in EHS.
- Interface daily with employees and management to explain environmental requirements and to answer questions
- Proactively identifies potential EHS hazards through risk assessments, Gemba walks, inspections, etc., and ensures timely corrective actions are implemented when hazards are identified.
- Support the health and safety program by conducting facility inspections, incident response/case management, root cause analysis, and employee training
- Communicate with EHS Director in solving problems, developing corrective actions and training.
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements for a position will vary. These must be reviewed with the supervisor and should be attached here.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires standing, walking, lifting to 25 lbs., bending, pulling, pushing, climbing stairs
- Some overnight travel is required using commercial airlines and company automobiles.
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Knowledge and proficient with: Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA, SPCC, EPCRA, ISO 14001, Solid waste Management
- Experienced with environmental permitting, especially NSR/NESHAP Title V
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use enterprise software
- Possess a working knowledge of related disciplines/other functions including manufacturing and operations processes
- Proficient in change management, training, problem solving (root cause analysis) and influencing others
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries and present information to groups and senior leaders.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Project management experience highly desirable
- Project experience designing and implementing improvements to waste and recycling streams
Education and/or Experience. Include the education and/or experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related fields required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related management of environmental regulations and environmental law.
- Must be knowledgeable in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Marion, NC 28752
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now