Trade Compliance & Customs CoordinatorReq # JR - 065482 Location Lessines, Wallonia, Belgium Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 07/15/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Provides advanced support to the International Trade and Customs operations.
- Proactively coordinates and monitors import/export compliance with international trade, customs and other government agency laws and regulations to minimize the risk of penalty and fines due to non-compliance.
- Assists in the management of freight forwarder and customs broker compliance.
- Assists with the creation of reports and makes recommendations for system refinements. Serves as a consultant for interpretation of regulations, duty reduction opportunities and general process improvements.
- Reports directly to the EMEA Sr. Trade Compliance Manager.
- Interacts with internal functions like, amongst others, distribution, export, import, finance sales and external service providers.
- Guiding customs officers and health authority officers at official audits.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides support for day to day import / export operations and compliance with international trade, customs, and other government agency regulations.
- Manages responses to official government requests.
- Conducts comprehensive audits for the import and export programs, implement corrective action with analysts and review results with the EMEA Sr. Trade Compliance Manager on a regular basis.
- Coordinates review and update all internal procedures and help develop associated training modules.
- Overseas interaction with service providers, regulators and internal business to facilitate import entry clearance or export filing.
- Supports EMEA Sr. Trade Compliance Manager with identification, qualification, implementation and operation of strategic cost savings initiatives.
- Assists the Sr. Trade Compliance Manager with local deployment of Regional projects.
- Drives standardization of import/export processes and internal control procedures (incl. Draft of local SOP/procedures for trade compliance & customs activities).
- Working and legal knowledge of EU Customs and Trade Compliance Regulations.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years business and/or compliance/regulatory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and English
- Methodological, rigorous and precise.
- Sense of responsibilities.
- Eager to learn and grow into Baxter Trade Compliance & Customs Team.
- Must be technologically adept.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional English is mandatory. Any other language is considered as a plus.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Belgium Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now