OpEx EngineerReq # JR - 025783 Location Lessines, Wallonia, Belgium Job Category Business Project Management Date posted 08/11/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Operational Excellence Engineer is in charge of actively challenging and supporting the continuous improvement of the performance of a Value Stream (Lessines = 2 VSM + supporting services) by developing and implementing Lean and 6 sigma methodologies to achieve results in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. T
Specifically, while reporting to the plant OPEX Manager, the OPEX engineer is in charge of:
- The continuous improvement of the Value Stream performance (defined by OBS)
- Being the Lean owner of the Value Stream Mapping and the coordinator of related initiatives (Waste, VIP (Value Improvement Projects = cost red initiatives), OEE, CAPEX, performance issue problem solving, Visual Management, Leading KPI setting, …)
- The coordination, tracking and reporting of the ZBB portfolio (Cost reduction initiatives – in VCD system)
- Understand, manage and improve the ZBB model
- Driving a culture of learning, networking and benchmarking between sites – The OPEX engineer is a trainer of key lean and Baxter multiplier tools (eg: Lean boot camp, Green belts training and coaching, Problem solving, …)
- The management of specific ZBB projects following DMAIC/Lean methodologies (eg: cost reduction, lead time reduction, capacity debottlenecking, …)
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills – ability to speak succinctly and with impact; give and receive feedback on a regular basis to reinforce or change behavior, driving Baxter’s cultural transformation through our cultural levers.
- Conflict resolution skills – instill a culture of collaboration and of successful relationships to improve employee relations and create a supportive and motivating work environment, increasing productivity.
- Drive accountability for results – ability to delegate and manage a variety of skillsets.
- Critical thinking - ability to develop a step-by-step process from targeting the problem to developing a solution.
- Interpersonal skills – identify and build a purposeful team culture within the organization, while setting expectations, driving accountability and
- Time and priority management – ability to balance a heavy workload and time constraints while managing and delegating other employees and projects.
- Decision making skills – ability to drive quick and disciplined decisions.
Baxter Culture Lever
Speed - Acting with a sense of urgency in everything you do; demonstrating a healthy impatience; constantly seeking ways to accelerate performance
Simplicity - Demonstrating an intolerance for inefficiencies and bureaucracy; working to eliminate and improve when complexity is slowing us down
Courage – Addressing difficult issues; willing to take an unpopular stand; speaking truth to power; challenging the status quo (a must for ZBB !!!) ; being accountable and taking ownership
Collaboration - Actively and intentionally working effectively together across the organization to deliver results for all our stakeholders
- Language skills
- Mother tongue: French (spoken, written and read: excellent)
- Other languages: English (spoken, written and read: good)
- Technical skills
- 6sigma Green Belt level
- Problem solving tools and techniques
- Lean tools and techniques (VSM, TLA/OEE, Leading KPI, Gemba, …)
- VIP process and VCD tool
Education and/or Experience. Include the education and/or experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
N/A: Intern or Co-op
- Green Belt certification is a plus
- University degree in Engineering or Business Management or equivalent acquired experience
- Manufacturing experience (production) – preferably in Lean environment
Name Definition ZBB = Zero Based Budget
VIP = Value Improvement Program - plant
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.