Supply Chain SpecialistReq # JR - 083084 Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 12/21/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Planner, Planning Support Group (PSG) is responsible for using standard systems and processes to perform planning transactional activities for supply sourced from Baxter plants and external vendors to align supply to meet country/cluster demand. PSGs work with Network Planners to mitigate short and medium-term supply and inventory issues and work Integrated Planning team to determine strategy for communicating gaps between inventory and customer demand to commercial team. The role will identifying and monitoring supply risks, assessing financial and impact to healthcare and executing country/region/clusters aligned mitigating tactics for optimal supply outcome balancing support and costs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up, validate and maintain system settings for product supply routings (ie RR transfer order). Partner IPs on any required parameter changes for cluster/country (e.g. lead time (F), safety stock (MP), freq. (F).
- Maintain relevant JDE master data fields to allow system set up to link sources to the correct BP (site) subject to geographies and local processes/ownership.
- Execute planning transactional activities including but not limited to creating stock transport/intercompany orders, monitoring receipts, reconciling discrepancies, providing ETAs, responding to inquiries about product availability and mitigate short term supply issues.
- Collaborate with Network Planner and Supply (Network) Manager to execute the following: mid-cycle IPS & DRP parameters adjustments, low cover and back-order risks mitigation, new product launches, product phase outs, strategic and situational stock build planning.
- Propose supply issue resolution for imported products and executes Market/Integrated Planning Mgr’s risk mitigation decision.
- Monitor and rebalance product allocation, when needed in cooperation with marketing partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of supply chain planning processes.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and project management skills to effectively prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, execute daily tasks on a timely basis.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of independence to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels of the organization and function as a liaison with internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Access, JDE, Rapid Response (preferred) and demonstrated ability to perform advanced analytics.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Bangsar South, No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now