Cash Application Team LeadReq # JR - 052200 Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Job Category Finance Date posted 11/23/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
There has not been a more exciting time to join Baxter. We are in the midst of a transformation that is building a world-class finance organization. Baxter Business Services is a group dedicated to providing centralized service to many of Baxter’s core business processes. Now we need you. From day one, you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of jobs and experiences. When you join us, you can also expect access to training and mentoring in a supportive environment. From day one, you will have opportunities to collaborate with people all over the world. This is where you are empowered to do your best work.
The Cash Application Team Lead is responsible for management direction of the Cash Application team and for the governance and continuous improvement of the cash application process across the enterprise. Additionally, the role requires close collaboration with the C2C Global Process Owner, process stakeholders and peer process owners, including the Treasury and A2R GPO’s to ensure effective and efficient process operations across the C2C value stream and integrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute the activities of the cash application team to ensure customer payments (Lockbox, ACH, Wires, Credit Cards and Miscellaneous) are accurately applied in a timely manner
- Ensure any customer payment without remittance is researched and correctly posted to correct customer account
- Manage all bank relationships for cash receipts and lockbox activity in conjunction with the Banking team in Treasury
- Manage the Cash Application Specialists in resolving and reducing the volume of unapplied cash receipts
- Liaise with banks on any cash receipts or lockbox activity issues
- Drive cross functional initiatives including the Credit, Collections and Commercial teams to migrate customers to electronic payment methods such as ACH, direct debit or wire transfer
- Update and maintain the company’s cash application policy and ensure high-level of adherence to process standards
- Review and analyze the root causes of cash application errors and work with both internal and external stakeholders to implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the cash application process
- Work with Treasury, partner banks and IT to enhance the quality of the remittance advice information and increase the efficiency of the cash application automation process
- Keep up to date with technology improvements and process best practices within the discipline, including new capabilities delivered in the current toolset, and providing input to tool vendors for additional improvements
- Partner with the Accounts Receivable Team Leads and Global C2C GPO to sustainably improve the resolution of customer payment discrepancies, the overall accuracy of the cash application process and the customer experience
- Create a high-performance operating and continuous improvement culture throughout the organization
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for an ongoing training methodology and program for processes, systems, and policies in collaboration with the business
- Participate in shared services governance management boards to provide input on items such as shared services scope and service delivery and assist in resolving operational issues
- Work in conjunction with the GBS team to develop and operate any applicable reporting and analytics to measure and improve the efficiency of the process
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Deep understanding of core business processes for their functional areas
- Continuous improvement and business process management
- Performance management
- Negotiation and issue resolution
- Stakeholder management
- Strong mentoring and staff development skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years experience in SSC or similar corporate role
- Proficiency with accounting and cash application software
- Experience with international banking relationship management
- Experience with multi-currency transactions management
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Jalan SS 7/26A Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Malaysia Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now