Senior AccountantReq # JR - 026020 Location Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Job Category Finance Date posted 08/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for accounting related to Bank, Account Payable for Representative Office (RO) and Legal Entity (LE), Fixed Asset, Inventory Accounting and Value Added Tax for LE, CDA/Internal control and Grant Coordination. Ensures proper accounting treatment and internal controls are in place.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Prepare and make a list of payment per period.
- Perform and reconcile monthly bank account, operational day to day activities and ensure accounts are up to date at all time.
- Regularly check the balance of bank, bank deposits every day to have reports to Finance manager to control and implement the cash flow plan.
- Check balances of bank accounts and make a book for exchange rate differences in bank accounts.
- Working with banks to solve daily operation, loan, bank guarantee application when there is requirement
Function: Accounts Payable
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, posting and recording accounts payable data
- Ensure all invoices with appropriate documentation and approval prior enter in the system
- Processing Claims – Check and verify the validity of staff claims
- Perform the month end close of Accounts Payable
- Review AP aging and follow up with aged open items
- Review open purchase order report (Coupa) and follow up with open purchase order
- Adhere to, and assist in the documentation of, the Company’s internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate capturing of expenses
- Ensure all payment /transaction compliance with T&E policy and PEGA Grant policy
- Provide training to new staff on Concur system
- Assist in the coordinating information and support gathering for auditors (i.e. file pulling, etc.)
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required
- Performs filing
- Continue to improvement of process and controls
- Other duties as assigned
Function: Inventory & Costing
- Inventory vouching for all inventories
- Transfer Price & Costing: obtaining manufacturing cost, checking and receiving transfer price with Corporate and providing support for product code information for Supply Chain
- Provide on-going follow up with Supply Chain for Intercompany and goods-in-transit
Month-End Closing Activities
- Responsible for the inventory month-end close procedures by running the Netting payments and posting Netting related & provision journals for inventory.
- Reconciliation of inventory between sub-ledgers and inventory clearing account
- Responsible for Tax and report for local tax related to VAT, provide supporting to other tax related reports to third party
Finance & Internal Control tasks:
- Responsible for CDA/Internal control testing
- Ensure integrity of the financial information in the accounting system - Investigate, reconcile and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, internal controls, statutory filing requirements and reporting in line with the company's policies and procedures.
- To perform other ad-hoc tasks or projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- To liaise with auditors, bankers, tax agents and other relevant authorities
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 5 years of progressive relevant finance & accounting experience.
- Several years of experience in the industrial business / area
- Ability to navigate and assimilate in a multinational environment
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.