FP&A Specialist, CanadaReq # JR - 027463 Location Heredia, Provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica Job Category Finance Date posted 09/15/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This position at Baxter, will be part of a best-in-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. This position is an extension of the local country FP&A team. This position interacts with the Americas FP&A Center of Expertise (CoE) leadership team as well as in-country finance and business partners within the Americas Region (i.e. United States, Canada and Latin America). This position will support the strategic planning process, annual budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly performance reviews. In addition, this position will support high value-added business analytics as well as drive the development of senior management presentations for this dynamic and growing region
- Liaise with the other cross-functional leads to support the creation of budgets, forecasts and management reports, while ensuring compliance with all quality / control requirements
- Coordinate closely with local country business partners and finance teams to review projections, budgets and historical results
- Load budget and forecast adjustments into system for your Country/business
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly reports, balance sheet reviews, forecasts, and the annual budget / strategic plan preparation
- Deliver a comprehensive monthly reporting package for management, including monthly reviews of budget vs. actual results and variances with P&L/cost center owners
- Perform any necessary resource allocations to ensure effective ROI on investments
- Partner with FP&A Regional, Local, and Corporate resources within commercial and manufacturing/supply chain organizations to understand, drive and support decision making ensuring alignment with strategic objectives
- Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business and / or operational risks
- Perform strategic ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to assess business performance and facilitate decision making and business support
- Update process flows, operating manuals, training guides, and standard operating procedures as needed
Support Finance leadership with process improvement, policy development, and / or strategic
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
Knowledge of JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos preferred
Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 4 + years of relevant experience with financial planning and reporting
Fully bilingual (English / Spanish) as a requirement
Strong Power Point and Excel skills
Strong presentations skills
Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
initiatives (e.g., business systems, processes, and / or policies)
Position will have direct responsibility to support the Canada Cluster interacting and delivering high value add presentations and analysis to Senior Levels
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.