PharmacistReq # JR - 037554 Location Guaynabo, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico Job Category Clinical Date posted 03/30/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Coordinates work of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Prepares and dispenses prescriptions for Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN), intravenous medications according to Pharmacy SOP and the state Board of Pharmacy of Puerto Rico. Works under the supervision of Pharmacy Manager. Assures compounding operations are in accordance with local regulations (MOH). Develops, evaluates, revises and implements written procedures for the compounding operation. Maintains a close relationship with key customers both internal and external through routine communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and trains Pharmacy Technicians on daily basis.
- Assigns hospital preparation priority schedule, labels and verifies the medications before delivered to hospitals.
- Compounds and dispenses medications and TPN therapy solutions prescribed by physicians.
- Verifies additives and components of solutions before the admixture process began.
- Performs quality control on prepared compounds and maintains logs for regulatory inspection purposes.
- Responds to calls from patients and hospitals and resolves any problem that occurs.
- Verifies the pick and pack operation and approves all TPN and medication solutions for distribution.
- Keeps levels for drugs in consignment inventory according to the standard.
- Controls Pharmacy materials waste. Keeps informed physicians, nurses, or other pharmacists on new prescriptions or changes in treatment in order to maintain patients with up to date information.
- Revises periodically the Corporate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Controls and monitors Pharmacy personnel utilization and performance.
- Verifies daily Media Fills, chart temperatures of incubator and refrigerators, and quality control tests.
- Maintains proper control of documentation required for the operation of the pharmacy.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques, chemical reactions and pharmaceutical processing methods and procedures to process prescriptions of treatments (calculations).
- Experience with pharmacy computer software (drugs, stabilities, etc.)
- High level of technical knowledge and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpreting results.
- Supervisory skills.
- Available to work Overtime, Holidays & Weekends
Education and/or Experience
- 1-3 Years experience preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy; Pharmacist license is Required.
- Experience in Total Parenteral Nutrition, Hospital IV Admixture Program. Experience in personnel supervision preferable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the linkhere and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.