CNC SpecialistReq # JR - 035296 Location Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico Job Category Information Technology Date posted 03/08/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Senior Specialist IT – ERP CNC - Baxter Mexico, Guadalajara
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com , and follow us on Twitter,LinkedIn and Facebook.
Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Configurable Network Computing or CNC is JD Edwards's (JDE) client–server proprietary architecture and methodology that implements its highly-scalable enterprise-wide business solutionssoftware that can run on a wide variety of hardware, operating systems (OS) and hardware platforms. CNC architecture is highly flexible and requires deep technical skills.
While powerful, the CNC architecture can be enormously complex making it difficult to maintain by anyone except quite senior CNC analysts. The CNC function entails a number of responsibilities or functions. Baxter B4One has outsourced the CNC function, but due to the risk and complexity of CNC, it is necessary to have an internal Baxter expert to implement, monitor, and support JDE day to day CNC operations. This resource will be reporting to senior manager in the same area and will be responsible for JDE CNC and should have minimum 7 – 9 years of JDE CNC experience.
- JD Edwards installation
- CNC Systems Administration which includes user and application security, user (profile) account set up, user groups (roles), task relationship (menu) and task (menu item) management,
- Batch job queues setup, batch job administration
- Planning and installation of business application patches also called electronic software updates or ESUs as well as underlying foundational code or programs called tools releases or service packs.
- Building and deploying changes to the business applications called package builds
- Management of various development, testing and production business environments which are self-contained sub-systems
- Job queues, batch administration and printer configuration
- Basic system auditing and performance tuning tasks
- Development of software tools and processes automate repetitive CNC tasks
- Remote CNC management through various secure access systems.
- Training both business analysts, programmers and end-users on the overall use of the JDE ERP system
- Good knowledge of AWS or AWS certification (preferred)
- Able to migrate on prem infrastructure to cloud
- Design blue / green process of application servers patching with zero downtime
- Proven experience/expertise in complicated EnterpriseOne installations/upgrades in large-scale global implementations.
- Database management and experience/expertise
- Data Conversion using EnterpriseOne development tools.
- Performance tuning of applications and web servers to analyze kernel processes and obtain log file for detailed analysis.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Advanced expertise in the technical architecture for EnterpriseOne (e.g. Citrix servers, web server, deployment/installation server, and batch servers)
- Experience in adding custom environments and custom datastores setups.
- In depth knowledge of CNC mapping configuration changes using Object Configuration Manager (OCM).
- Expertise in multiple JDE system software configurations (multi-foundation), Tools Release Updates.
- Experience in designing and implementing highly available infrastructure solutions
- Expertise in integrating with third party application (Dclink, Vertex, Createform)
- Full command over operating systems (windows/Unix/Linux) running enterprise one platform.
- Ability to write scripts to automate repetitive tasks and procedures
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.