Service Desk Analyst (12 Month FTC)Req # JR - 039826 Location Gloucester, England, United Kingdom Job Category Information Technology Date posted 05/30/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Act as a first point of contact and provide first line fixes and support for external customers. Requiring excellent customer service skills and be ready to work within a structured, fast moving environment, using best practice processes. This role is initially for a 12 month fixed term contract, with the scope to go permanent for the right person.
We can be flexible for the right candidate, with the right experience, to work remotely from site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a central point of contact for all issues and certain change requests, ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely and effective manner, in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), and be responsible for ensuring relevant issues can be closed in consultation with the user
- To assign a suitable priority according to the Support Teams SLA
- To investigate and resolve issues where able to, or escalate where necessary to ensure an effective resolution
- To take ownership of an issue, even those that have been escalated and ensure that the customer is fully aware of progress on a regular basis
- To work shifts (when called upon) and be flexible with core working hours to ensure continuity of service and support to both UK and International clients
- Manage change requests for software upgrades and provide project co-ordination for such activities on behalf of the customer
- Provide proactive monitoring of customer servers and interfaces using the appropriate monitoring service
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent communication skills maintaining a clear, positive and professional manner at all times
- Attention to detail
- Ability to network and liaise with both internal and external teams
- Be able to empathise with the ICNet customer base and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team orientated, collaborative environment
- To lead by example, especially on customer focused tasks
- Excellent organisational ability
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Qualification in ITIL or similar would be advantageous
- A level in an IT based subject (or similar) is desirable
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.039826