Digital Services Project ManagerReq # JR - 043689 Location Gloucester, England, United Kingdom Job Category Information Technology Date posted 09/15/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This role coordinates the programme of Digital Projects owned by the Service Operations team which includes facilitating the fulfilment of Service Catalogue items and coordinating Annual Software upgrades for all EMEA Digital Products. The Digital Services Programme Lead drives the onboarding of new digital products into the Service Operations team and works as a liaison between Field and Digital Services to ensure good communication channels are in place for the delivery of ongoing digital workstreams. The position reports to the Service Desk manger and needs to be highly self-motivated and prepared to work to tight deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Service Desk Manager in management of the Service Catalogue
- Lead the onboarding and management of new Digital Products into the Service Operations team.
- Liaise with colleagues in Technical Services to ensure smooth delivery of Digital Product Workstreams
- Work confidently with global colleagues to transfer knowledge to the EMEA region for new product upgrades in all aspects of Digital Product Launches/upgrades
- Ensure key deliverables as stated in the customer SLA and bespoke quote or Account Management request/handover are fulfilled
- Be very thorough in each stage of assisting the Service Desk Manager and able to quickly understand the multifaceted parts of programme delivery
- Make recommendations to improve the programme co-ordination procedures and be analytical and methodical in your approach to new problems
- Assists in co-ordination of personnel involved in service catalogue items including annual upgrades
- Generate schedules and reports for Management on progress of the Service Operations Programme of work
- Ensure quality and consistency of all deliverables
- Organise/Prioritise own workload to optimize productivity and achieve targets
- Coordinate activities, resources, equipment and information
- Liaise with customers to identify and define any bespoke requirements, scope and objectives
- Make certain that clients’ needs are met as the catalogue item evolves
- Monitor and track catalogue items and upgrade roll-out progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate status of work adequately to all stakeholders
- Use relevant tools to monitor working hours, plans and spend
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, plans and reports
- Degree in IT or relevant related subject field
- Firm knowledge of skills and processes involved in service co-ordination/management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication, presentation and relationship management skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail, diary and meeting management, driving actions to completion, accountability and multitasking
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- PMP / PRINCE II /Agile/ PMP or other formally recognised project/programme management certification is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector, including software products designed for clinical use
- Experience of using JIRA and other project management and tracking software
- Previous experience in cooperating with Service Operations and relevant 3rd line support team for the delivery of service operations tasks
- Ability to coordinate a cross departmental and multi-disciplinary team in achievement of deadlines
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.