Field Service Technician IIReq # JR - 078620 Location Fargo, North Dakota, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 11/22/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Field Service Technicians contribute to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by working independently to complete repairs on lifesaving medical devices. By completing these repairs in a timely fashion, the device can be returned to usage by the hospital who has rented or purchased it.
Are you passionate about starting a career in the medical device field?
Your role at Baxter
- Field Service Technicians at Baxter are trained on working with our devices, and will build off of previous mechanical or technical knowledge.
- This is where we apply your troubleshooting skills to medical devices and ensure our products are functioning properly.
- The Field Service Technician II will demonstrate leadership by assisting with training other team members and addressing customers.
- The field service team works within hospital and service setting environments to repair medical devices.
- Baxter offers dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and more.
What you'll be doing
- Performs electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems troubleshooting and repair of assigned products.
- Ability to troubleshoot devices and repair any malfunctioning components.
- Ability to use the appropriate tools in making required adjustments and repairs.
- Ability to provide on-call coverage, including weekends and holidays, which may require customer account visits.
- Ability to load, unload, and remove medical products, weighing up to 1680 pounds.
- Generate service revenue and complete activities required under service contract.
- Safely operate a fleet vehicle or company car ranging in size from a cargo van up to a 26,000 pound truck.
What you'll bring
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior technical or mechanical repair work required
- Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
- 2+ years working with medical devices in a hands-on environment preferred
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
FARGO, ND 58102
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now