Compounding Training SupervisorReq # JR - 089270 Location Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 03/03/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Training Supervisor will be responsible for planning and completing training activities associated with Compounding, Customer Service, Warehousing and Quality activities provided through Structured On-The-Job Training (SOJT) and Instructor Led Training (ILT) packages.
They need the ability to work collaboratively with the unit managing and planning teams to complete training in a timely manner in line with UKI established training deadlines. They will be required to utilise the BAXU training system as a Super-User for training recording, reports, local assignment, and problem solving.
The training supervisor is responsible for leading collaborative groups for the creation and updating of training materials and ensuring applicability to site and cross-site as required. They must ensure local management are informed of changes to processes in respect to training for Global Corporate requirements, local and regulatory requirements and maintain local compliance to said processes.
They will be required to support Non-conformance (NCR) / CAPA activities and Change Control tasks associated with training.
The Training Supervisor is expected to actively pursue opportunities to enhance the learning experience of staff by use of multi-media technology.
Training Supervisor in Dublin will report into the Manager, Compounding Unit with a dotted line of responsibility to the Mgr. Training UKI. All Training supervisors will be required to manage staff within the local training environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of the primary responsibilities of the role. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform training and training support activities while ensuring full compliance with unit SOP’s and training materials and maintaining excellent aseptic practices/behaviours within the cleanroom and associated areas.
- Provides accurate training and assessment records that reflect the activities that are currently being performed by employees.
- Employs and maintains the UKI Skills Matrix and associated Trackers for site
- Recording training, management, and compliance of training assignments via BAXU.
- Support Dublin sites as BAXU Super-User
- Manage OJT and ILT development / revisions
- Participation in regular training meetings / management tier meetings
- Lead a team of training co-ordinators and trainers as required
- Resource planning of training activities
- Provide OJT qualification training as required to staff within the Compounding team
- Support NCR / CAPA actions and Change Control Impact assessments / Tasks associated with training.
- Support local, corporate, and regulatory audit activities.
- Degree within Science or equivalent.
Essential Skills and Experience.
- Experience in leading a team of professionals.
- Experience in highly regulated environment.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Use of GMP principles
Preferred Skills and Experience.
- Compounding of medicinal products using aseptic techniques
- Training experience in a 1:1 or team basis.
- Training materials development – including digital skills or awareness
- In depth familiarity of antibiotics, TPN, narcotics and chemotherapy compounding principles
- Cytotoxic Drug Safety Cabinet (CDSC) / Isolator Technology / Laminar Flow (LAF) cabinet knowledge
- Understanding of cleanroom requirements, behaviours, and activities
- Pharmaceutical environment experience via Hospital, Industry, etc
“What are some of our benefits of working at Baxter?
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Baxter is committed to growing and developing an inclusive and diverse workforce – you can read more about our specific values here https://www.baxter.com/careers/inclusion-diversity.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Ireland Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now