Senior Manager, Global Business Development/ M&A - IntegrationsReq # JR - 037769 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Corporate Strategy Date posted 04/01/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Baxter Global Business Development Integration Team is accountable for developing and maintaining a consistent, efficient, and holistic integration approach. The main objective of the Business Development Integrations Senior Manager is to support the realization of the value of both Baxter acquisitions and divestments, and other ventures by expertly project managing cross-functional structures, robust processes and comprehensive toolsets, and helping to drive the consistent use of these by Baxter stakeholders.
This role will report to Director, Global Business Development – M&A Integrations and will partner with business and functional leaders across the organization to execute integration plans and deliver milestones across multiple cross-functional workstreams.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Support integration planning and project management for large and complex transactions including global acquisitions, complex carve-outs and emerging market initiatives
- Liaise and collaborate between Business Development teams, Baxter Business Units and Functions during key phases across the deal continuum
- Support all project management processes and functions, including monitoring of delivery and service levels, escalated issue resolution, planning and management along with internal and external benchmarking
- Support Business Integration Leaders and Integration teams to deliver consistent, robust project reviews and execution of key integration milestones
- Identify, monitor and escalate action items and coordinate issues and dependencies all across the integration process. Clearly communicate integration status, issues and risks to Integration Leadership
- Support Acquisition Integration Governance and Integration Performance Management process including materials development for leadership reviews, deal retrospectives and knowledge management initiatives
- Facilitate the analysis and interpretation of key deal components and developing the best tools and templates required to support the integration teams. Support and help maintain Integration Center of Excellence by providing support and facilitating toolkit use and process discipline to various internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a subject matter expert representing Baxter’s M&A Integration Center of Excellence and Business Development Team Leader in development, espousing the philosophies, processes and results of the team and the organization both inside and outside of Company’s walls
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 4-5 years of experience supporting M&A activity and functional integration including due diligence, integration planning & execution in a global medical device industry
- 5-7 years of project/ program management and leadership experience including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, vendor management, risk management and implementation support. Preferably in global environments
- Some experience in managing divestitures, including due diligence, separation planning and execution, and strategic Joint Ventures preferred
- Maniacal attention to detail in developing, supporting and tracking detailed project milestones and metrics in complex, matrixed environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and developing team leadership/ workshop facilitation skills
- Maintains professional demeanor and confidentiality
- Solid critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to identify and evaluate assumptions and draw conclusions, ability to independently identify, resolve and escalate issues, and provide concise executive level summaries that accurately reflect analyses
- Developing leadership skills, ability to effectively influence cross-functional partners
- Possesses a service-mindset, building mutual trust and encouraging respect and cooperation among integration team members and other key stakeholders
- Track record of delivering successful business process initiatives
- Highly familiar with M&A processes from across the entire deal continuum from due diligence to deal signing, Closing or getting to Day 1, and post-merger integration
- Extensive program, project management and process management skills
- Some high-level understanding of one or more end-to-end business processes like market-to-order, order-to-cash, returns, procure-to-pay, forecast-to-delivery, plan-to-inventory, record-to-report, recruit-to-Retire, and appreciation for complex IT integration is highly desirable
- Is comfortable and can thrive in ambiguous and rapidly-evolving situations
- Has a high capacity to manage and support complex work across multiple projects at any point of time
- Brings creativity to problem solving. Serves as an advocate for adopting innovative approaches/ ideas
- Able to negotiate effectively in various business environments to manage expectations related to projects
- Expertise in delivering high-quality deliverables and outcomes
- Superior communication, presentation and collaboration skills, at ease with both business and technical topics. Comfortable presenting to Business Unit Leaders, cross-functional teams
- Is ambitious and a self-starter. Proactively thinks about opportunities and how to drive change
- Has demonstrated success in influencing peers and leaders and supporting quick and clear decision making in a highly complex and matrix organization
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.