Senior Financial Analyst - Global Renal CareReq # JR - 044490 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 07/12/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services.
You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
This position provides financial and business support for the Global Renal Care business by leading strategic decision support initiatives. This position requires collaboration with global marketing, regional finance, project management and various other cross functional stake holders. This role has a high level of exposure to senior level leadership within the GBU & Regional organizations.
What you'll be doing:
Provide financial support for the Renal Care GBU team
Develop deep understanding of global product markets, strategies, and risks and opportunities for Renal Care products/therapies
Create valuation models for various investment opportunities and provide insightful recommendations; update and provide appropriate maintenance of new product launch financial models
Perform ad hoc analysis including Business Development support as needed
Drive alignment between global, regional and functional finance teams on key strategic assumptions
Financial leadership in evaluating new product development prioritization, life cycle management and product sustainability efforts
Participate in the financial planning and reporting processes for Vitality Index, LRP, R&D Prioritization, Forecasts and Plan
What we're looking for:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
3-5 years of relevant work experience
Analytical and process management skills
Intermediate/advanced Excel financial modelling
Ability to influence others, drive to innovate, and comfort managing through complexity and change.
Strong time management and problem-solving skills
Ability to work in a team environment
Written/oral communication skills are critical
Organization and attention to detail
Ability to think critically and develop new solutions
Business performance and data management
Personal Initiative, accountability and integrity
Eagerness to learn and continuously improve
Willingness to challenge the status quo
What's in it for you:
- Generous Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Flexible WFH opportunities
- Dress for your day policy
- Monthly Work/Life Balance Seminars
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage immediately upon hire
- Vision and other voluntary benefits and discounts
- Retirement Savings – Choose from pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings; Baxter matches 3.5 percent on your first 4 percent of contributions and provides a non-matching contribution of 3 percent of eligible pay each year
- Employee Stock Purchase Program – Purchase Baxter common stock each month at a 15 percent discount through payroll deductions with no brokerage fees
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Supports – Daycare Priority Access, Discounts, Premium Access to Caregiving Database (SitterCity.com), Tutoring and Online learning support
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Health and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Educational Assistance Program
- [email protected] – Global health and wellness program with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention
- Premium Access to Headspace, meditation and mindfulness app
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health, family, financial and legal supports
- Business Resource Groups – Employee-run affinity groups that drive multi-cultural awareness and engagement at Baxter; provides a forum for employees to share knowledge, ideas, and personal experiences
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Additional benefits include discounts on: Motorcycle Insurance, wedding insurance, Identity theft protection, pet care plans, childcare, travel, Blackhawk tickets & more
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.